Chapter Fifty-Five

Trying very, very hard not to think about what she had done earlier that day during lunch, and knowing that she was failing miserably, Kagami walked down one of the outside pathways at Ouran. School was over, and she planned on heading to the greenhouse so she could retrieve the items she had stored there yesterday, including Tamaki's teddy bear and that hideous greens scarf, so that she could return them to the host club. It would give her the perfect excuse to harass Tamaki for his failure of a plan while simultaneously mocking Hikaru and Kaoru for their poor fashion sense.

However, going to the host club also meant that she would have to see Mori, and Kagami wasn't entirely sure she wanted to face him yet. She still couldn't believe that not only had she told him she thought he was kind and that she liked his smile, but she also admitted that she thought his looks were above average as well. Kagami was pretty sure she had never said anything that embarrassing before in her entire life. But if it did what it intended, and made Mori cheer up, then it was worth it. Even if she felt like hitting her head against the nearest solid object every time she thought about what she had said.

"Hey Kagami!" A gruff, familiar voice called out.

Turning, Kagami saw Ritsu coming down the hallway towards her. She was relieved to see that he looked relatively normal this time.

"Hello Ritsu." She greeted as he approached. "Do you need something?"

A small blush spread across the redhead's cheeks. It was kind of sweet how easily embarrassed he got.

"It's not anything big." Ritsu replied, rubbing a hand across the back of his neck. "I just wanted to give you my club registration form since I filled it out." As he spoke, Ritsu turned an even brighter shade of red and took out the registration form from his school bag and held it out, keeping his eyes slightly averted from Kagami's.

At the mention of the club registration form, a delighted grin spread across Kagami's lips. Finally she was going to have another actual club member. She wouldn't have to water plants by herself, lug around dirt and fertilizer that was almost on the edge of being too heavy for her, and there would be a lot less holding back on planting what she wanted because she knew that she wouldn't be able to maintain it all by herself. Just the thought of it was making her excited. She took the form from Ritsu's outstretched hands and stared down at it for a few moments to confirm that it was actually real and that she wasn't just imagining things before she placed it in her own school bag.

As soon as she finished talking with Ritsu, she was going to stop by the teacher's workroom to turn in his registration form. Returning the host club's items was just going to have to wait until after. Getting a new club member was far more important to her, after all.

"I wasn't expecting you to get it to me so fast." She said. Or at all really. Even though Ritsu had told her that he wanted to join her club and he had taken a form to fill out, there had still been a large part of Kagami that had expected Ritsu to walk up to her in the hallway and tell her that he had changed his mind. After all, Kagaim was so used to having to hide what she wanted at home, or to having the things she desired be withheld from her by her mother and father in order to "discipline" her, that she subconsciously anticipated that same behavior from others as well, even those she knew would never go back on their word.

"Yeah, well, I didn't want to make you think I changed my mind or something." Ritsu grumbled, almost as if he had read her thoughts.

"Thanks for getting the form to me so quickly." Kagami said. Ritsu had been looking down at the floor through their entire conversation, to embarrassed to meet her eyes. His bashfulness was rather endearing. It also filled Kagami with an overwhelming desire to tease him.