Chapter Forty-Six

If looks could kill Kagami knew that two certain red heads, along with their tall, dark haired accomplice and accompanying tiny blond would be very, very dead. Instead of studying at home, as she did almost every day after school that she didn't spend with Hotaru or Kyou, she was instead in a place that looked disgustingly like the tropics and yet still managed to be in the middle of Japan. The fact that she was there at all had Kagami glaring furiously at the four people responsible.

It had been after school when it had happened. She had been walking out of school with Haruhi, talking about one of the assignments due in their class when Hikaru and Kaoru had come up behind them, grabbing Haruhi by the arms and saying something about a target being captured. Tamaki had pulled up in his limo at that point and rolled down his window. He had been wearing a pair of sunglasses and a ridiculous red flower lei.

"Good work." He had said. "Now take her with you."

And Kagami had felt guilty, but only slightly, for being relieved that the one in the twin's arms was Haruhi, and not her. But then Haruhi had turned to her with pleading eyes, and that relief had turned to panic.

"Help me Kagami!" She had implored.

"Oh no." Kagami had replied immediately. "Sorry Haruhi, but whatever this is, you're on your own."

By this point, Tamaki had driven away and Kagami decided that it was time to beat a hasty retreat of her own. She had backed up quickly, but her progress had been halted by a very solid chest. A sinking feeling had settled in her chest and Kagami had tentatively looked over her shoulder to see Mori with his typical stoic look and Honey beaming down at her.

"Sorry Ka-chan, but you're coming too!" Honey had chirped.

And then, before Kagami had been able to make a run for it, Mori had grabbed her, and she and Haruhi had been dragged away to this place.

"This place is a brand new theme park my family, the Ootori Group, runs." Kyoya told her in his stupid, smug voice. Kagami glanced over at him, raising an eyebrow disdainfully. He looked ridiculous in his blue shorts and light lilac shirt with red tropical flower design. And the tropical drink he was holding in his hand didn't really help.

"It's called the Tropical Aqua Garden." Kyoya continued.

Kagami laughed. "That is a terrible name. Almost as terrible as the design of this building." It was far too grandiose and overstated. Come to think of it, Kagami had seen the pompous style of this building before. 

"I don't understand," Haruhi said, "I thought the Ootori group ran hospitals and that they're focused on the medical business Kyoya-senpai."

The derisive snort that left Kagami's mouth was completely involuntary. "If you think that Kyoya's family is only focused on the medical business you're very mistaken. I mean, don't get me wrong, that's their main business front, but the Ootori Group has their hand in a lot more than just the medical business. Kyoya probably would have given you some speech about 'diversifying' and 'trying different things' or how this place could technically be classified as a healing facility, or even about how the Ootori's main concern has always been about the general public, the primary group that this facility serves, but I wouldn't fall for it."

The sour look on Kyoya's face told Kagami that she had been right on the mark.

"You're right." Haruhi said. "That does sound pretty suspicious."

"Anyway," Kyoya continued, "the park doesn't officially open until next month, but the Host Club was given a special advanced invitation."

"So if the Host Club was given an advanced invitation, then what exactly am I doing here?" Kagami asked.