Chapter Forty-Eight

WARNING:

I'm going a little bit out of order from the anime here. I'm going to start introducing the Ritsu Kasanoda story line. And for those of you who are sticklers for things being in order, too bad, I'm the author and I can do what I want. Also, the facts for the Tetsuya Sendo story line aren't going to be quite right either, but as I've mentioned, I'm the author and I can do what I want. You've been warned.

*******

Kagami glanced out of the window of her classroom and watched the rain fall down. It had been coming down for hours now, and she had been finding it harder and harder to pay attention to her teachers' droning voices and to keep her gaze away from the mesmerizing fall of water against the ground. She had always found the sound and the smell soothing, and there was something truly hypnotic about the steady fall of water. Normally she was able to at least pretend that she was paying attention to her teachers, but the call of the rain was just too tempting, and Kagami found her gaze straying far too often than it should have been. Fortunately, the subjects that they were studying were fairly basic, and she was able to answer any questions the teacher asked her with ease.

When classes ended for the day, Kagami reluctantly tore her gaze away from the window and put her things away. But then she remembered that today was the first official day that she would be starting her club activities, and a small smile lit her face. It had taken a while for a greenhouse to be constructed for her use, but now finally, Kagami would have a space all her own where she would be able to garden to her hearts content with no one to interrupt her. She had so many things that she wanted to plant, so many flowers, so many vegetables and fruits, and she already knew exactly which ones she would try her hands at first.

"What are you smiling about Kagami?" Hikaru asked, popping up in front of her.

"Yeah." Kaoru added. "It looks kind of creepy."

Kagami rolled her eyes. "Maybe I'm smiling because I decided to try my hand at Nekozawa's curse dolls again."

The twins went pale and Kagami laughed.

"Seriously Kagami!" Kaoru huffed. "Don't joke about that!"

"Then stop bothering me." She replied. "Or better yet, stop being so gullible."

And then she walked out of the classroom, leaving the two redheads behind to fume in the classroom. Kagami laughed softly as she made her way down to her new greenhouse. Hotaru was waiting there for her, since the older brunet had been just as excited that the green house had been finished as Kagami had been. Hotaru had made her promise not to look inside without her. Even the exterior was making Kagami excited though. The glass panels were beautiful, perfect for letting sunlight in, and it hinted that the insight would be just as beautiful.

"Kagami!" Hotaru cried as the brunet saw her approach. "This greenhouse looks incredible! You have the keys, right? Hurry up and open it so I can see the inside!"

Not even bothering to hide her own excitement, Kagami took the keys she had been given from her bag and unlocked the doors to the greenhouse, opening them so that she could finally look inside. The two girls bounded inside quickly, and Kagami knew that her own eyes widened in excitement at what she saw. There were rows of planter boxes just waiting to be filled with soil and seeds, there were pots, growing trellises, and so much more. Basically, anything Kagami could need. And, there were some beautiful white tables set out in one corner with white gilded chairs. They were probably there so that people could enjoy tea in the greenhouse, although since Kagami would be the only one using it, she highly doubted that would happen. Still, it would be a nice place to get some studying done, and she had a feeling that she was going to end up falling in love with this green house.