Chapter Fourteen

Hello to everyone! I am so sorry that it took me so long to update this story! I've been working really hard on it for the past four weeks. The problem was that when I was writing I realized that if I just published this chapter, which was my little break before I wrote about the ball, everyone would kill me for not writing about the ball again. So I decided to wait and publish this one along with my chapters about the ball. Please don't kill me for making you wait so long and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

*******

"Stop moving around!" Keiko ordered. "If you don't sit still I'll never get your hair to look right!"

"Oh, come on Keiko." Kagami said impishly, playing up Mitsuki for the limo driver. "We both know I'll look gorgeous no matter what my hair looks like."

"Just a few more touches and I'll be finished." Keiko replied while pulling a comb through Kagami's wig of short black hair. "And there! I'm done!"

Keiko sat back with a look of satisfaction on her face. Kagami answered with a confident smirk. As Mitsuki, she knew she looked good. Her wig had been messily combed to sweep over one eye and then to fall in layers framing her face and her contacts were in so her eyes were now a stormy gray. Kagami was also wearing a black tuxedo with a light blue tie. It was the only part of her outfit that she had picked herself. Blue was her favorite color and she never got to wear it at home.

The limo pulled up in front of Hotaru's . . . house. It was small. Well, not really. In actuality, it was pretty big, but it was nowhere near the size of the mansion Kagami lived in. There was no massive driveway or grand staircase. There weren't hundreds of rooms and long sprawling gardens. It was just a house. Kagami had thought that all rich people wanted the biggest and best of everything, including their homes, but thinking about Hotaru's personality, this house fit her better.

Hotaru's home was made from red brick, giving it a warm appearance and there were little flower pots everywhere with random plants in them. It was like someone had gone to a gardening store, bought everything they thought looked nice, and placed them in the most random spots imaginable. There were even little lawn ornaments popping up here and there. There was absolutely no sense of organization to it and Kagami loved it. The complete lack of stiff, overwhelming order made Hotaru's home seem so welcoming and warm. And based on the size and layout of the house, Kagami would guess that there were five bedrooms on the top floor plus two full baths, one on the ground floor plus a half bath, and three bedrooms in the basement plus another full bath. It was a game she liked to play, guessing how many bedrooms and bathrooms were in a house just by looking at the outside. And so far, she had only been wrong once.

"Don't just sit there with your mouth open!" Keiko interrupted. "Go get your friend so I can finally meet her!"

Kagami turned towards her manager and rolled her eyes before getting out of the limo. Honestly, Keiko was more excited about this than she was.

As she walked up to Hotaru's front door Kagami curled her hands into fists so that she wouldn't reach up to nervously adjust her tie. What if one of her parents answered the door? What if Hotaru didn't like the idea of going to the ball with a model? Or what if she turned out to be an obsessive fangirl? Kagami almost smiled at that thought. Hotaru wasn't the type of girl to pay attention to models and she definitely wouldn't obsess over one.

By this point Kagami had reached the front door. Some of her nervousness had faded so she was able to ring the doorbell with at least a look of complete calm on her face. After only a few seconds she heard the thudding of someone running down stairs and then the door creaked open. A wave of mouthwatering scents washed over her. The smell of baking made Kagami relax even more and she was able to greet Hotaru with a perfectly charming smile.