Chapter 10

*a day before New Years*

~Alex~

I was helping my parents decorating the house. Natalie was at her friends house.

"So how's June?" My mom asked.

"Gooood." I said. There was an awkward silence till my dad broke it.

"Like always we're gonna watch the ball drop from the tv." My dad said.

"Ok." I said.

"And with family." My mom said.

"Obviously." I said with a smile.

*New Years*

'I can't come by to see you.' Harry texted me.

'Why not :(' i texted.

I didn't get a respond. I waited. After 10 for waiting , no answer. I waited for 20 minutes , no answer. I sighed. I heard my doorbell ring. There entered my family and some of my friend's family. They all complimented me like 'oh my god you got so big!' 'You're so pretty!' Blah blah blah.

*11:55*

Through out the while night , i never got an answer from Harry. "Alex!" I turned around finding my mom drunk mom walking towards me.

"Here are your grapes." She gave me. At midnight we make wishes with grapes. I don't know why we still do it.

"20-19-18-17..." We all started the countdown. I saw Taylor Swift performing in New York City.

"5-4-3..." We all counted down.

"2-1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone cheered.

A lot of the couples kissed. Family hugged me. I was laughing until i saw the tv. I stopped laughing. I dropped my grapes. A tear fell. I blinked a couple of times to view my vision. I see Harry Styles kissing Taylor Swift.

"Tough love." Natalie said.

"Please go." I said. She walked away. Why would he? He told me he would never kiss her. I shouldn't be jealous. He told its because of management. But i see so many pictures of them, too. I just can't.

"Alex come and have some fun!" My other drunk parent called.

My cousins pushed me to dance with the family. I was getting really annoyed. I was being pushed around. Natalie was uncomfortable too. She looked worried. I grabbed her hand and headed out.

"Go upstairs, we'll watch a movie." I said. She place her hand on my shoulder.

"Im sorry about the kiss." I let out a smile and hugged her. I looked around and couldn't find my dog.

"Mom, where's pebbles?" She won't answer. Fuck it. I searched around the house. I passed by a clear door and found my dog sitting outside. "Pebbles!" I opened the door and let her in. She ran upstairs as i went to the kitchen. I grabbed 2 big bawls and poured potato chips and popcorn. I grabbed a 2 liter soda and headed my way upstairs. One of my cousin's friends kept staring at me. Um stalking much?

"No napkins?" Natalie said.

"I'll be right back." I said. I headed back downstairs. I grabbed napkins and started walking. I felt someone pull me into a room.

"Can you not!" I yelled. I looked up and saw the guy. The guy who kept staring at me. He had Harry's hair. Curly and brown.

"My name is Eddie." He said.

"And im leaving." I said.

"No no." He said grabbing my wrist.

"Look im not in a mood and my sister is waiting upstairs for me so i appreciate you not to talk to me."