Chapter 20

Harry's POV:

"Listen here you ass, I don't care what it takes, just terminate the contract you have with them."

Pause.

"Aren't you listening to me?? Fucking christ do that then, because none of us are going back there, ever again."

I opened my eyes to find that I was back in my flat. I moved to try and sit up and immediately regretted it. My forearms erupted in pain and I hissed as I put them back down on the bed. Liam, who was in my bedroom with me, looked up at the sound.

"Hey," he said, smiling, "Welcome back Haz. How're you feeling?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"My arms hurt, why-" Liam frowned and glanced at my arms.

"Do you wanna sit up?" he asked. I nodded and he helped me sit up in the bed. I looked down at my arms to see that they were bandaged, "They weren't healing up," Liam said, "And they burned you really bad at X Tech so we just did what we could." Liam reached for one of the bandages and started pulling it off carefully. The skin was red and raw and didn't exactly look all that great, but Liam smiled at seeing them, "It looks a hundred times better than it did when you got here. Your powers must be starting to come back to full strength then."

"How'd I get out of X Tech?" I asked.

"Louis and Niall got you out," Liam said, "Niall had to carry you all the way back, you wouldn't let Louis touch you." I nodded.

"ARE YOU NOT LISTENING TO ME? TERMINATE. THE. CONTRACT. I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES, I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH WE HAVE TO PAY TO DO IT, JUST DO IT. YOU'RE ALL IDIOTS, I SWEAR TO GOD." I flinched and Liam chuckled.

"Louis's been on the phone almost non stop since he got back," Liam explained, "Trying to get management to terminate the contract they had with X Tech. Apparently we were all supposed to take turns going there." I nodded and started to get out of bed, but Liam stopped me, "Just rest. Lord knows, you deserve it after what Nathan Tech put you through." Liam smiled again before leaving the room.

----

Liam's POV:

I walked out of the room and closed the door quietly. Almost all at once, everyone except for Louis looked up at me.

"He's awake," I said, "Doesn't remember Louis and Niall coming to get him I don't think. And I don't think he remembers the last bit of what happened to him there."

"Maybe that's a good thing," Niall said, "Those burns were really nasty looking, how long do you think those lighters were tied to his arm?" Zayn shuddered.

"I don't even want to think about it." Louis hung up the phone and fell back on one of the sofas.

"Well, they're gonna terminate the contract as soon as they can," he said, "I don't know what they'll have to do to do it, but they will."

"They really wanted to send the rest of us there?" Louis nodded.

"Yeah," he said, "Apparently the 'plan' was to have us go to X Tech one by one, try out the tablet, then film a promotional video for it."

"That probably was the plan," Niall said, "And we would've done it without question too, if we were all under the tablet's control. What made the plan change?"

We were quiet for a moment before a thought occured to me.

"Is it possible that they were watching us from the tablet?" I asked, "Like, when Niall was under it's control, is it possible that they were monitoring us from the tablet and saw us use our powers?" Louis shrugged.

"It's possible," he said, "I have a feeling that they were just testing out the tablet on Niall, because it was absolutely clear to us that something was up with Niall when he came back. They can't have tried it on too many people for it to have been so obvious." Niall scoffed.

"So I was their guinea pig?" Louis nodded.

"Basically."

--

A.N.:
Hey guys, just got my tablet so now I should be able to start updating more often. :D