Chapter 8

Niall’s POV:

The door’s opened to a very… expensive looking room. It wasn’t fancy per say, but it looked really cool.

“This is where you’ll be staying while you’re here Mr. Horan,” suit guy number one said, “Please stay here until you hear a knock at the door.” And with that, the suited guys closed the door and I was left to look at the room. It was big, I mean seriously big.  On one side of the room was a flat screen TV that took up over half the wall. Underneath it on shelves were numerous video game consoles, some I’d never even see before, and on either side of the shelves were DVD racks completely filled with DVDs and video games. On the other side of the room was a large bed, a table with two chairs on both ends, a counter with plates, utensils, and a microwave, and a refrigerator.

I dropped my bag on the bed and turned to look at the window. The room was underground but the window had the view of hills in Ireland. I got my phone from my bag and when I turned it on I saw that I had texts from the others.

Haz: i saw this crisp that kinda looked like your face. just thought i’d tell ya

Z: hey ni, i’m about to do an interview so i don’t have long, i just wanted to know how your flight went

Tommo: well this isn’t this just a blast -_- 

Li: hey niallerrr! any idea where you r yett?

I sent quick messages to Zayn (slept through most of it but it was ok i guess) and Louis (i know right, i seriously don’t even know where i am yet), and i’ve landed here!!) and a simple “wut” to Harry. I ended up texting Liam back and forth for a little while.

N: honestly, i have no idea where i am. oh and the place i’m staying? ITS UNDERGROUND

L: wut do u mean its underground?

N: i mean it’s LITERALLY underground, the lift ride down was torture…

L: that’s weird, and you don’t know where it is?

N: seriously not a clue. when the plane landed all there was was the runway and hills. no buildings, no trees, no nothing

L: huh… well i don’t know then. do you at least know what this company you’re doing promoting for is?

N: not a clue. no one’s told me a thing

L: hmm… maybe you’ll find out soon. 

There was a knock on the door and I set my phone down. I got up, walked to the door, and opened it.

“Niall,” the man at the door said, “It’s nice to meet you.” He held out his hand and I shook it.

“Um, hi,” I said.

“May I?” the man said, motioning to the room. I stepped aside and the man walked in.

“You like the room?” he asked, “I made sure that you’d be staying in this room while you’re here. It’s the best room in the facility.”

“Yeah,” I said, stuffing my hands in my pockets, “Yeah it’s great.”

“That’s good to hear.” The man sat down at the table and motioned for me to sit down at the other end. Once I sat down, he started talking again, “I probably should’ve mentioned before, I’m Nathan Tech, president and CEO of this company. I’m sure you have some questions for me right?”

“Yeah,” I said, nodding.

“Well Niall,” Nathan said, leaning back in his chair, “Ask away.”

“Okay,” I started, “Well, first of all where are we?”

“A private island,” Nathan said, “Mine to be exact. I didn’t want my company to be just anywhere, just anywhere wouldn’t be very secure considering the technology we have here. Too much of a risk of it getting stolen.”

“And what is your company?”

“X Tech,” Nathan replied, “Here we make everything from machinery to computers to video games.”

“And I’m here to help you promote a new tablet, right?”

“Yes you are,” Nathan said, sitting forward again, “We mostly just want you to try it out. Maybe tweet some good things about it. Just help it get some good press before we release it in a few months.”

“Okay,” I said, “Sounds simple enough.”

“Good,” Nathan said, “Are those all the questions you had?”

“Pretty much I think,” I said. Nathan smiled and stood up.

“And I think that’s all you need to know now,” he said as I stood up as well, “Tomorrow we’ll have you test out and use the tablet. We’re even gonna give you one for you to use as long as you don’t let anyone else use it until it’s released.”

“Alright,” I said, “And you really don’t have to give me one.”

“I insist,” Nathan said, “With your help in promoting the tablet, sales are gonna go through the roof. So it’s the least we could do.” Nathan walked towards the door and paused to talk again, “If you’re hungry, feel free to tell the fridge what you want.”

“I’m sorry, what?”

“Yeah, cool isn’t it? Just tell the fridge what you want and it’ll make it for you. We developed that a few years back and decided it was too… foreign to sell to the public. But anyways, I’ll see you tomorrow Niall.”

A.N.:

What's this?? An update a day after the last??

... idk... I got bored and I wanted to write so I wrote another chapter for this fic. Sorry it's kinda boring, it's kinda just a filler.

Anyways, until next time, later gaters!!