Chapter 11

Harry’s POV:

~ Two Days Later ~

I’d just gotten off the flight and was almost to the arena we were playing at. I’d had a group text with the boys (minus Niall… maybe he just forgot to charge his phone or it was off or something) and the four of us had decided that it was about time to tell Caroline and Paul about the powers. I mean, better to hear it from us than to, I don’t know, hear it from Lou? Come up with it on their own? I don’t know, but we needed to tell them as soon as possible.

The car pulled around the back of the arena to where with bus was and the driver stopped. I got out of the car, grabbed my bags from the back and headed into the bus.

“Niall… Niall… Niall… NIALL… GET OFF THAT DAMN THING.”

“Erm, hello to you too?” I said, heading back to the bunks.

“Hi Haz,” Louis said, turning to glance at me before turning back to Niall, who was focused on a tablet he was holding. I put my bags down on my bunk and headed back.

“Where’re Zayn and Liam?” I asked.

“Zayn’ll be back from the airport soon,” Louis said, “And Liam’s gone to tell Caroline and Paul that we need to have a band meeting, plus two today. NIALL, LOOK AT ME.” Niall ignored him, glued to the tablet. I furrowed my eyebrows and waved my hand in front of Niall’s face. He didn’t move, didn’t even blink.

“Huh…”

The bus door opened and Lou and Liam walked in.

“Okay, we’re gonna tell Paul and Caroline after the show tonight,” Liam said, “But we should probably figure out how to do it best so we don’t freak them out.

“Easy, just tell them exactly what happened,” Louis said. Liam groaned.

“And if they don’t believe that, which they probably won’t, then what?”

“Then… FLAME ON!” Louis’s hands burst into fire and Louis laughed maniacally. Lou and Liam exchanged a look before turning back to Louis.

“Okayyy,” Liam said, “Let’s call that plan B.” The door opened again and Zayn walked in.

“Hey, guys.”

“Hi Zayn,” we all said (except Niall). Zayn walked to the bunks and came back with a bottle of water and an iPad.

“Oh not you too,” Louis groaned. Zayn gave Louis a confused look.

“What?”

“Niall’s fucking glued to that new fucking tablet, the Xpad or the Tech Tablet or whatever the fuck it is, don’t go on that iPad right now, please.” Zayn glanced at Niall and sighed.

“Yeah, okay fine.” Zayn went to put the iPad away, “Let’s go and explore the arena then, see if there are any good places to hide from Paul.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Louis said, “Come on let’s go.” Louis, Liam, and I started heading for the door.

“Niall, aren’t you coming?” Zayn asked. Niall didn’t answer, he just kept staring at the screen. Louis groaned loudly.

“That’s it,” he said, “Give me the fucking tablet.” He walked over to Niall and grabbed the tablet from his hands. Niall looked up and the look on his face should’ve been a warning for what was about to happen.

“Hey!”

“No,” Louis said, “You always come with us to look around the arena before a show and you’re not going to skip out on it because of a fucking tablet. Come on, let’s go.” Niall got up from his seat and before any of us could do anything, Niall shot ice from his hands and iced the floor under Louis’s feet, making him slip and fall on his back, letting go of the tablet and sending it skidding across the floor. Liam, Zayn, Lou, and I stood in stunned silence as we watched Niall walk up to Louis, grab the collar of his shirt and pull him up into a sitting position.

“Don’t do that again,” Niall snarled, “Got it?” Louis nodded, fast and wide eyed and Niall let him go, waving a hand over the patch of ice, turning it into water, before walking over to the tablet, picking it up, and walking into the bunks.

We all stayed in a moment of silence.

“What the fuck just happened?”

“That’s not Niall,” I said, “There’s no way that’s Niall, I refuse to believe it.”

“What happened while he was at that company?” Liam asked, “What did they do to him?”

“I don’t know,” Louis said, getting up from the floor, “But whatever happened, it has to do with that tablet.”

“We’ll figure it out later okay?” Zayn said, “Let’s just, let’s go and walk around the arena without Niall and just… let’s just deal with it after the concert.”