Chapter 12

Harry’s POV:

The concert went surprisingly smooth considering the circumstances.

To be honest, we were all a bit scared of Niall after what had happened. We were scared that we’d have to tear the tablet from his hands to get him on stage, but when it was time to go on stage, Niall put the tablet down and acted like his normal self.

On stage, Niall seemed distracted. Whenever he talked, he talked about the tablet and how cool it was. Louis looked slightly worried whenever he talked about the tablet and I could see why. If the tablet had done this to Niall, Niall was basically selling the tablet to the fans. If the fans bought the tablet and it did the same thing to them… I didn’t really wanna think about what would happen.

By the time the concert was over, we’d had to interrupt Niall from talking several times and had received several confused and annoyed looks from Niall. After we’d left the stage, Niall immediately went back to the tablet and glued himself to the screen again.

“Let’s talk to Paul and Caroline first,” Liam said, “Then we’ll deal with Niall and the tablet.”

We found Paul and Caroline quick enough. They were waiting for us on the bus, along with Lou. Paul had asked where Niall was and to answer his question, Niall walked in, staring down at the tablet and walked to the bunks. Paul raised an eyebrow and pointed at Niall, going to ask a question.

“We’ll explain what’s going on with him, but we need to tell you something first.”

“Okay,” Paul said, “Just tell me none of you got a girl pregnant.”

“No-”

“Did something illegal?”

“No-”

“Okay, I’ll be fine with whatever you guys tell me as long as it isn’t either of those.” Lou had her hand over her mouth, stifling laughter.

“Erm, well you see…” We explained what happened at the last arena we’d been at. From the green goo, to the powers, to Lou finding out. Paul and Caroline sat in silence as we talked and for a bit longer once we’d finished. Paul was the first one to talk.

“This is a joke isn’t it?” he asked, “It’s a joke. Not one of your better ones, but it’s a joke.” Liam sighed and looked at Louis, who was looking at him pointedly.

“Fine Louis, do plan B.” Louis smirked and his hands burst into flames and Caroline screamed and Paul stared open mouthed. Louis extinguished his hands and we waited for the two of them to react.

“Well…” Paul said, “That’s- just- … so it’s not a joke.”

“Nope,” Louis said, “It’s not.”

“And all of you have powers.”

“Yep.” Paul nodded.

“And what does that have to do with what’s going on with Niall?” We explained our theory to Paul and he nodded while Caroline continued to stay silent.

“So the tablet has, what, possessed him or something?”

“That’s what we think.” Paul nodded.

“Did you ever consider trying to destroy the tablet?” We looked at each other.

“That might actually work,” I said. Louis smirked and walked to the bunks. It was a minute before we heard Niall yelling.

“LOUIS WHAT DID I TELL YOU, DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH OR SOMETHING?” Louis came running out from the bunk area.

“Hold him off!” he yelled, “I’ll have this destroyed in a flash!” He ran outside and I turned to see Niall storming from the bunks and I did the first thing I could think of and pushed Niall back from the door. To my surprise, Niall went flying backwards and crashed onto the floor on the other side of the bus. I stared wide eyed at him, laying on the floor and not getting up.

“Fuck…” I murmured, “I- I didn’t even push that hard, I-” I rushed over to Niall, everyone but Louis right behind me. Niall lay on the floor in between the bunks, unconscious.

“Niall? Niall, wake up.”

“Harry, move.” Paul came up from behind me and picked Niall up, bringing him to the sofa.

“I’m sorry,” I said, “I didn’t mean to I didn’t even know I-”

“Haz,” Liam said, grabbing my shoulders, “We’re not blaming you okay. It was an accident, we get that.” I heard the door open and Louis speak.

“Done! It’s been melted and rolled into a ball and- whoa, what happened to him?” I felt a surge of guilt and Zayn, Liam, and I walked back out to the others.

“I accidentally found out I have super strength,” I said.

“Awesome.”

“No!” I yelled, “Not ‘awesome’! I could’ve killed him why isn’t anyone mad at me like you should be?!?”

“Haz?” I turned to look at Niall and saw that he was awake, looking at me, “Why’re you yelling?”

“Niall,” Liam said, walking over to him, “You okay?”

“Uh, yeah,” Niall said, blinking, “How’d I get here?”

“Harry accidentally found out he had super strength and pushed you away so that you wouldn’t try and kill Louis,” Liam said. Niall blinked again and furrowed his eyebrows.

“What- no, I meant how’d I get on the bus? Last thing I remember I was back at X Tech and the tablet did something weird and… hey, where’s the tablet?”

“Right here,” Louis said, holding up a blackened ball of melted plastic and metal, “You’re welcome.”