Chapter 23

Harry's POV:

Well, this was it.

The five of us were stationed on the top of the building nearest where the X Tech event was being held. The crowd was gathering around the main stage, their chatter loud. From where they were, they could see the Little Mix girls backstage. They were almost... robotic in their movements. Nathan Tech was speaking to them.

Really we were going into this blind. We had no idea what we were going to do. We had no clue how we were supposed to stop Nathan's plan. We just knew that failure wasn't an option here, not with so many lives at stake.

So, no pressure or anything.

"So..." Liam spoke, sighing, "From the plans I found, the machine powering the mind control in the tablets in the area is in this building. Harry and I will go find it." He glanced at me and I nodded before he spoke up again, "The rest of you, just-- keep everyone distracted. Make sure Nathan doesn't activate the machine, and keep the crowd safe."

"Yeah sure," Louis mumbled under his breath, "You say that like it's so simple." Liam glared at him.

"We don't have much of a plan here Louis," Liam said, "We just know what we have to do and how this needs to end. It doesn't matter how we get there, anyway we get there is fine. Just keep Nathan from activating it, and make sure the crowd doesn't get hurt." Louis held his hands up in surrender.

"Okay," he said, "Got it." Zayn glanced over his shoulder towards the backstage area.

"What about the girls?" he asked. Liam moved his gaze to where the Little Mix girls were in a huddle, talking to each other.

"We can't really do much for them right now," Liam sighed, "Once the machine is taken care of, they should be okay and we can destroy their individual tablets without Nathan being able to activate the kill switch." Zayn nodded and Liam let out a long sigh, "Ready?"

"As ready as we'll ever be," Niall said.

"Alright then," Liam said, both him and I backing away towards the roof door, "See you guys after this is over." Louis, Niall, and Zayn nodded and Liam and I walked through the door and into the building, pulling our masks over our faces.

"Where should we start?" I asked. Liam reached into his suit and pulled out his phone. He scrolled down for a bit before settling on a blueprint.

"It's on the side of the building closest to the event," Liam said, "On the fifth floor." There was a loud whooosh from outside and there were screams from the crowd below and I knew that the other three had gone to do their job. Liam and I hurried down the stairs in the building, Liam counting down each floor as we passed.

"Six..." Liam skidded to a stop in front of the door to the fifth floor and I almost crashed into his back. Liam pressed his hand against the door and pushed it open and we were met with a sight that we should've been prepared for.

"Fuck!" Liam moved away from the door and it closed just in time for the gun shots to start. There were so many guards, way too many for the both of us to handle at once, and neither of us had powers we could use to fight them.

"Shit!" Liam cursed, "We should've known they'd be guarding it! Shit!"

"What're we going to do?" I asked. I heard footsteps coming closer to the door, the guards were coming closer and we had to do something quick. Liam pursed his lips and looked at the door.

"I could go invisible..." he said. I shook my head.

"You can't walk through walls Liam," I said, "You'd open that door and they'd shoot you down immediately." Liam furrowed his eyebrows again. They were running out of time, the guards were right on the other side of that door. Harry looked over the door and noticed that, while he'd heard bullets hit the door, they hadn't gone through it and this gave him an idea.

A really stupid one, but it was an idea.

-----

A.N.:

And so the fun begins....