Home

Enjoy:-))

Kate's POV

It was good to be back home, spending time with my family was very precious to me, since they are the ones that I always turn to for help with anything. I also had to come home and check up on my business. Even though I really shouldn't have anything to worry about. It was being watched over by my right hand woman, my best friend, my cousin Kyla. She was also a performer and we sometimes traveled together on business trips because we've always seen each other as equals, we both loved doing what we do best.

I was arriving into my hometown which was small, but I loved it compared to the big cities. It was quiet and less hectic, just good ole Southern town in Georgia. I decided to head to my grandmother's house before I headed straight home. I always told my family when I was arriving home, so that they could all be in one place for me to see them. I was the top Money maker in the family, but it didn't bother them because I always told them that I would. I was an A and High B student, graduated top of my class in High School. I always saw my future coming, and I always told them that I was gonna make things better for them.

My family struggled to get all the bills paid, as kids we had to sacrifice all those Christmas presents as they got smaller by the year. My mom would always say that things were gonna get better, but at times I wouldn't believe it. We'd pray and pray for some change. My hopes would always get smaller, but I knew if I wanted change, I had to make it happen. It wasn't any help that my father wasn't in my life. He didn't even bother to pay child support. Hell he still owes thousands till this day, but I don't need his money.

He was just a sperm donor.

I was pulling into my grandmother's yard, in which she owned her house for a very long time with her late husband(who by the way was more of a father figure to me than my own). My grandma owned a a RAM 1500 which I found amusing because the car was a little to big for her to be driving. But my grandma was too cool, she would take us shopping when we were younger and pay for the clothes we wanted with what she had. Now I buy her what she wants, it's no problem to me. Hell I'd buy her another house if she wanted me to. I paid her bills, I just wanted her to spend the rest of her life stress free and adventurous.

I got out my car and knocked on it. I waited, but not for long when one of my little twin cousins came to the door. She yelled,"Kate!"

"What's up Dasia!" I exclaimed back and hugged her. She let me in and I walked through the front living room straight into the kitchen. I saw my mom, sister, aunt, and grandma and I greeted them as I walked in and went to go sit down by my grandma.

"So what's been going down in Dublin since I left, anything new?"

"Child nothing much no new action. What about you? You done found you man out there?" My aunt asked. They always wanted me to find someone and settle down before ever thing gets "old and stops functioning" as they would call it.

"Yeah, where my great grandbabies at you said you were going to get me some and I ain't getting younger." My grandma said with humor in her voice. We all laughed at that and then my cousin Kyla walked in.

"She say she don't want a man, but she needs one."

"Kyla where is yo man at and yo nappy headed kids." She laughed.

"My man is somewhere waiting for me to come to his rescue, and my kids are at adoption agency, and they ain't gone be nappy headed. They gone be Asian." We laughed at her silliness. She has always said she was gonna adopt an Asian child because she believed that it was gonna be some really smart doctor one day, that was stereotypical, but most Asians were smart so I couldn't blame her. We finished talking about all that was going on around town, then me Kyla and Mesha(our friend), decided to walk down to the grave yard like we had always done since we were kids.

I remembered then to tell Kyla about the Southern Leaders Convention, that me along with a partner were invited to. I was definitely going. It would help to have connections with people in the industry so that I could expand my business.

"Kyla, there's this Convention that's going to be held in Miami, and we were invited. I was hoping that you would go with me so we can expand the business." I said to her. She thought about then finally accepted I had also asked Mesha to come also so that we could go to the club. If your going to the club it's always a smart move to make sure you're not alone. Dangerous people in the world today, no one can be trusted. We continued talking on and on then decided to head back before it got dark. Once we got back to the house I decided to go home to my house.

My home was a two story house, it had a country family home look to it with a wide, but not to wide landscape it was perfect for me. I was lonely some times so I spent most of my time at the play house, which was close by if I ever had an emergency there. I unpacked my stuff and cleaned up a little I wasn't very tired so I decided to get cleaned up and watch a couple of tv shows. Not long after I fell into a dream. I couldn't wait for the convention this weekend. Just three more days.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
Thanks for reading luvs! I promise this story gets way better! Although the beginning may throw you a loop....it always gets better so continue and I promise it won't disappoint!❤

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share✨✨✨✨

Just A Fling™(BWWM Fan-Fic)(Edited)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara