Welcome Back

Edd in mm

Kate's POV

Waking up the next morning was like any other morning in Dublin....quiet. I need it. I also need some food in my belly so I hopped out of bed and went downstairs. I really didn't feel like cooking breakfast for myself so I decided to eat some yogurt and a cereal bar. I had to go to the grocery store today, my fridge is empty.

I got done eating my mini breakfast, and went back upstairs to throw on some clothes. I never dress really fancy in Dublin, mainly because I knew to many people here. I threw on an opened back green and white tie dye sundress, that tied around my neck. I threw my hair into a messy bun. I was proud of my jet black hair. It was real, long, and I always took care of it. I hated it when people assumed my hair was fake, it really ticked me off how stereotypical they were. But I eventually started letting it go. I mean I'm half black and half Indian, Cherokee to be exact.

I threw on some sandals, grabbed my phone, keys, and was out the door. I went and hopped in my purple and black Camaro (If that's how u spell it:-), and was off to Kroger. Once I got there I realized there were a lot of people there, but it wasn't unusual. People probably got they food stamps. I ain't even gone lie, we used to be on them. The best invention ever! I got out the car and headed in the store. I went to grab a grocery cart from the side, when I saw this fine ass white guy walk in.

I may not be the one to holler at a person on the spot, but I never had a problem staring. I stopped gawking at him when he caught me staring, and turned to get the cart. When I turned back around he was all in my bubble, so I had to back away to where I could not be so close to getting his scent all over me. I was about to say something but he was the first.

"HI, my names Edd." And held out his hand for me to shake it.

I gave my hand to him, only for him to bring it to his lips and kissed it. I was shocked by his public affection. Maybe because it didn't happen very often in Dublin.

"Are you from this city because I don't remember ever seeing you around?" He chuckled.

"I actually am new here. I'm the new doctor at Fairview Park, and might I ask who you are beautiful?" I giggled. Talk about a way with words. I knew he was a player.

"I'm this cities pride and joy, the one and only Kate Doris, owner of the Bratz Playhouse." He laughed at my silliness.

"I knew I recognized you from somewhere." He said.

"Yeah, well it was nice meeting you, I have to go shopping now so I could get to work. See you around." With that he nodded.

"See you soon." He winked and I smiled and walked off. He was a flirt. He was handsome no lie, for this town he was probably the finest guy here. Not to mention he was a doctor which is a big plus in my book.

I went inside and started shopping for the usual things I needed, before heading to the checkout line. That was until I saw my ex and immediately froze in place. This can't be. He's supposed to be in prison, but this jackass walks in with a police uniform on. Talk about low on good authority. I was the reason he went to prison. He assaulted me. I still have the 7-inch scar on my leg that I have been trying to get rid of.

I was shook out of thoughts when the check out lady spoke.

"That will be 67.58" I reached in my purse for my debit card and swiped it. I was pulling out of the line when he spotted me and I started to move a little faster. When I finally reached the car I threw the bags in the back only to close the door and see him standing behind it.

"Long time no see, babe." He said as he reached out to touch my cheek, I swatted it away.

"What do you want and how the hell did you get out of prison?" I ask.

"Well thanks for the welcome back and congratulations on my new job as a police officer for this town. I see your job has been doing you well." He said, looking me up and down licking his lips,"you know you used to be all over me, and yet your sitting here trying to act as if we never were. Who you screwing?" I gasped at his question and not a second later my hand went flying across his face.

"Well it definitely isn't your business, now leave me the hell alone." With that I hopped in my car and heard him say...

"You can run but you can't hide darling." I was so nervous right now that I was shaking, once I got home I put away the groceries and decided to lay down for a while.

I woke it was later then expected so no need to go to the facility today. But I need to check up on the dresses that were being made for me and Kyla for the Southern Leaders Convention. I checked online, and they said the dresses were being shipped to Miami. So that by the time we got there all we had to do was pick it up. I got up and went upstairs to go take a shower and go to sleep. Gosh today was so hectic and all I did was go to the grocery store.

~~~~~~~~.°.°.°.°.°.°.°~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed :-) chapter three coming soon. Love ya!!!

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share ✨✨✨✨