Engaged!

Kofi to the top⬆⬆⬆

Joseph POV
Year Later

My friend had finally found happiness. He was engaged and he has invited me to come along with him for the week, to meet his fiance's family. I couldn't say no, besides I wanted to get away from the business for awhile.

Heading out the house to my truck I got this overwhelming feeling. Hopefully when I return, I'll feel different. I was off to a little town in Georgia.

Kate POV

I was so happy for my cousin, she is engaged! Now I feel like I should be next. It didn't help that my ex was still stalking me. I was just hoping that this week will end well. Kyla and Kofi were going to be staying at my house the whole week, along with Kofi's friend who was also staying. But I have yet to find out who that is.

You're probably wondering 'why can't they stay at a hotel' well my family never lets company from out of town sleep at a hotel. To us it wasn't considered southern hospitality. I had no problem sharing I had the space after all. I wondered what his friend looked like. I hoped he looked good, since he was supposed to be the best man. Meaning I would have to walk down the isle with him. Just have to wait and see.

I got the food set up since everyone decided to gather at my house. I went outside to get the grill and place it behind the house. Thank God I have a huge yard, or else I wouldn't have agreed to have it at my house. I went back inside and saw Kyla and Kofi sitting on the couch. I went behind the chair and slapped both of them behind the head.

"Why the hell y'all just sitting there, the family will be here in a couple of minutes and y'all got me doing everything."

"Damn my bad, I'll finish getting stuff done." Kofi said.

With that he kissed Kyla and left out to get everything together.

"Aww, young love." I say before giggling.

"Shut up, you better be getting ready for Kofi's friend, since he's 'high end'." I laughed.

"If he doesn't like what I have then he can kiss my 'black end'." We laughed and noticed cars were pulling up.

We welcomed our family and got the party started. I had finally got the music playing, and decided to play a game of basketball with my cousins. I was playing with my smaller cousins, when I realized a big black pickup truck pull up. That must be Kofi's friend. I thought and started to chase the kids around the house. Not even introducing myself, eh it can wait.

Joseph POV

I had finally arrived to this country living house, it looked very southern with a huge yard. Mhm she had a good amount of money. I saw people out chatting, playing basketball, and kids running around. I should've brought Joelle. I got out the car and saw my friend Kofi, and we embraced each other in a manly hug.

"So where's the girl that stole your heart?"

"Come with me." I followed him into the house until I saw a oddly familiar face.

"Joe this is Kyla, my bae." I laughed at his silliness and shook her hand. I felt overwhelmingly happy for some reason.

We talked and walked back outside meeting everyone. They were extremely nice and funny.

"Where is that girl? She's supposed to be out hear somewhere." Kyla says.

"Kate!" At the sound of her name made me stiffen. Was it her? After all this time was I finally gonna see her again? I saw her coming around the corner chasing some kids and I couldn't hide the smile that instantly appeared on my face, as happiness flowed through me.

She had her hair up in a ponytail, wearing a half shirt along with some shorts and long socks with high tops. Yet she still looked breathtaking. She made her way over to us as her eyes held mine.

"Hey, Kate it's nice to see you again."

"You to, Joseph. So you're Kofi's friend?" She smiled.

"Yeah." I responded breathlessly.

"So y'all know each other?"

"Yeah." We say in unison and laugh at each other.

"Do you want me to show you your room now or later?" I couldn't help, but chuckle at her accent.

"Sure, love." She giggled, she's so adorable.

Kate took me up to my room and I couldn't help, but stare at her backside. Damn, I missed that ass. I looked to the side of her leg and noticed she had a long scar on the side of her thigh. I frowned. I wondered how she got that scar, although it was slightly faded. I noticed she'd stopped.

"This is your room and there is a bathroom across the hall and- yeah that's all any questions?"

"No, thank you, you know I thought I'd never see you again."

"Same here." She replied. "Well we should probably be heading back."

"Yeah, after you." She walked away and once again I found myself looking at her butt. This is gonna be one long week. We made it back outside and Kate left me, and started to do their things. I didn't like her out of my presence, but I loved watching her play with the kids.

Kate POV

Finally night had came and I was exhausted. I took a shower and put on a pair of workout shorts and a tank top. I was leaving out my room to go get a nightly snack, when I saw the sex God himself stepping out the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist. Damn, he is definitely getting me hot. I guess he sensed my presence and looked dead at me and smirked.

"You know if you take a pic it'll last longer." I felt my face heat, and I couldn't stand the cockiness in his grin. He finally broke the silence.

"Seeing me like this I would think it fair if you came out the shadows." I did as he said and stepped forward. He looked me up and down and stepped towards me. I shivered as he got close and bent down and whispered in huskily my ear.

"You look nice in those shorts, goodnight Kate." I instantly felt myself drench at the sound of his deep voice. He walked away and suddenly I wasn't hungry any more. I decided to go back in my room and watch tv as I fell asleep all hot and bothered.

How am I gonna survive this week?

(:V) (:V) (:V) (:V) (:V) (:V) (:V)
Thanks For Reading luvs!❤

Vote
Comment
Follow