Taken 2

My brother ⬆⬅

Kate POV

I woke to a pounding headache and my body aching all over do to the cold cement floor I was laying on. I had no clue as to where I was or when I got here, but I was determined to get the hell out. Dear Jesus please let Joseph find me. I pleaded.

The sound of a door opening caught my attention as I looked to find out who was coming in. The man that descended down the steps didn't amaze me. Down came the start of all hell, my nightmare, my tragic ending, the one that made it impossible to move on in life.

Randy.

The bastard's sadistic smile creeping towards me with the up most satisfaction on his face. I didn't dare hide my disgust for him. I sat up backing safely to the corner to possibly get away from him or to just put a little space between us.

"Kate, Kate, Kate...hmm you must be so happy to see me. I took you away from that hypocrite and those two rascals. I believe I deserve a thank you." He stated stepping closer with each word he spoke.

"Thank you for what exactly? Hmm making my life a living hell perhaps?" I say with the most confidence I could muster up. He chuckled lightly.

"Darling I would've thought that you'd be a little more humble, seeing as though I have you here, out in the middle of nowhere, down in MY basement." Nooooo!

"You brought me all the way out here? For what! You know that I will never love you and that we'll never be together! I hate you with every ounce of blood in my body and the next man over!" I yelled in anger. I stood to my feet and pointed to my thigh where the cut was located. "You caused this to happen! We could've been happy, but your jealousy drew you to believe I was a whore and that I needed to be taught a lesson, you did this! You-" I was cut off by his hand coming across my face causing me to stumble. He grabbed me by my throat squeezing it as I desperately tried to free myself.

"You deserved everything because you are a whore! Sleeping around with those men, staying away late night's to work when you were really out banging every guy in town! You're worthless, but you're still mine and no one will take you away from me! If I can't have you...no one can." I made a swift kick to his groin causing him to double over in pain and in the process releasing my neck. I made a quick run for the steps. Just as I reached the top I felt him tug my ankle, I tried to kick his hand away but he had other intentions. He grabbed both ankles and tugged me town, causing me to tumble down the steps to the floor, unconscious.

Joseph please...

Joseph POV

I paced the floor back and forth in Kofi's house. Instead of staying at the crime scene I stayed at Kofi's so that he could help me find this ass. I had gotten his little note, and the words from it threw me off. It made no sense. It sounded like something you'd find hanging up in your grandmother's kitchen.

You are always welcome
This is your home as well as ours
Grandma's baby stay near
From afar the coast seems clear

Then it's like a light bulb went off in my head. He made this way to easy. Why would you include something about grandmothers? Because you're located near one. I ran through the house to find Kyla calming the girls who've been wanting to see Kate as much as me.

"Kyla where does your grandmother live?" I asked in a panic tone. She immediately became alert.

"In Scottsville down the street from the grave yard. Is that where she is?" She asked.

"I don't know yet, but the note is leading me there. Bring the girls we're heading over there." I left the room. We all packed into the truck and Kyla gave me directions to her grandmother's. Once we got there they took the girls in. I examined the neighborhood and noticed the house next door looked abandoned. The grass uncut and the tree's branches hanging over needing to be cut.

I went to walk over there when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to see Kofi, two of Kate's uncles, and a man who favored Kate greatly.

"We're going with you." He said." That's my sister in there and I will kill when I find this sadistic BASTARD." He stated. I shook hands with him and motioned for them to follow.

"We need someone to stand guard and watch the front, two can get into the fence, and me and Kofi will go in. Got it?" They nodded. I motioned for Kofi to follow me while I scoped the house throughout the window. I placed my hand on the knob gently twisting it to find it unlocked. Idioto. I thought as I stepped into the house slowly.

I looked around seeing the house to be empty. But the house reeked of him. I looked room to room, no sign of him or Kate. I was looking hope, until I saw a knob. I turned it and opened the door to see nothing but darkness. I found a light on the wall to be filled with so much anger and disgust. Pictures of Kate, beaten, naked, every photo that had been a product of his doing. I walked over and ripped everything down. Tearing and growling at the top of my lungs like a mad man. I didn't realize that Kofi was in the room, as he came to try and hold me down.

"No! No! Get off me! I'm gonna kill that BASTARD! He hurts her and has the nerve to take pictures and post it like happy memories, that sick Fuck!" I yelled.

"Joseph we have to keep looking, we're wasting time. The more time you spend here the more time he has with her." He was right. I walked past him and stopped at the door.

"Kofi...can you have those photos put somewhere, we're gonna need evidence. And uh...thank you."

"Anytime man." He said. I continued my search and found myself outside in the back. I was randomly looking around when I spotted what looked to be a handle sticking from the ground. The hell?

I stalked over towards it uncovering the leaves to find a door. Last chance. I heard faint sounds of someone talking and getting no response in return. I opened it slowly being sure not to make a sound. I peeked down to see Randy hovering over what looked to be an unconscious Kate.

I immediately took off down the steps and hit him from behind. I started to throw repeated punches at him. We were basically going back in forth for awhile until I heard what sounded like the other guys racing down the steps. I saw Kate's brother lift her off the floor and carry her up the steps while I was being tugged off of Randy.

"Joseph he's out, he's out! You need to check on Kate!" Kofi shouted to me and my focus was directed to her. I ran upstairs hearing sirens and I saw Kate figure not moving in Jason's arms. I ran over to them grabbing her from his arms. I pleaded and pleaded with her to wake her up.

"Come on baby..b-baby please open your eyes for me!" I choked back letting a single tear escape. I hadn't cried in almost 19 years, yet here I felt as though I had everything to lose. The tear landed on her cheek sliding down to the pulse in her neck. "Please baby I need you." I whispered pulling her to my chest, rocking back and forth.

I watched as they carried an unconscious Randy to and ambulance, I would be making sure he went to prison for life. A sudden muffled noise pulled me out of my thoughts. I pulled back to see Kate's eyes opened and a confused expression etched on her face.

"Joseph what's ahh...where am i?" She asked. I smiled kissing her lips. "Don't worry about that baby...just know that I'm right here and I don't plan on leaving you a line again." I picked her up and carried her to an ambulance hopping in they drove us to the hospital. I got my baby back!

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Thanks for reading luvs!
Celebrate the journey...
Tears were coming from my eyes in this chapter.....

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share✨✨✨✨