Wake up please...

Kate POV
4 months later
Beep...Beep...Beep...

The sounds of the heart monitor had become a constant song playing over and over in my head. I haven't left since Joseph was shot because I needed to be here. To make sure he was Ok. Once I had found out that he was able to breath on his own, I was happy. But he was still in a comma! Has been for weeks now. I missed those captivating gray eyes that could make all of the fear and stress go away.

And his voice, oh how I missed his voice and it's comforting tone. The last thing he had said to me played over and over in my head like a melody.

He told me he loved me.

Me? With everything in my heart I realized that a man actually loved me. Only for him to be pulled away by some psycho who I say is facing 70-years to life sentence.

I wish there was something more I could do. For him, for his daughter, and his family. But all I could do now is pray to God that he wakes soon. My prayers have yet to be answered. I'd come visit and cry most of the time because I couldn't stand seeing him this way. So vulnerable, pale and weak.

I had been staying at his house and making sure that everything was took care of properly. I even paid his bills, even though if he were to wake he'd scold me for spending a dime. But I could careless, I wouldn't care if his first words when he woke was I hate you, I just needed him to wake so that I could get on with my life and cause him no more trouble.

I was sitting by his hospital bed in my usual praying position begging God to wake this man. Although his family had told me that it would be okay if I left I just couldn't leave him without knowing.

"Dear God I need you to please bring this man to awaken and give him the strength he needs to pull through-" I was cut off by a cold weak large hand that caressed my fingers. I looked up to find Joseph watching me through slightly closed lids.

"Oh dear God Joseph!" I hopped up and hugged and kissed him all over his face.

"Kate...why are you crying you know I don't like to see you cry. Where am I?" He asked weakly.

"You're in a hospital ok I'll tell you what happened later, but for right now you have to keep your eyes open while I go get someone ok?" I asked and he nodded. I rushed the room to the nurses station.

"Nurse! He's woke I need you to come see him...he's finally woke!" I ran back to the room with a nurse. Upon entering Joseph had his eyes closed and I was hoping that I wasn't dreaming it all along. Being in this hospital might have had me hallucinating. I ran over to his bed and placed my hand on his face.

"Joseph open your eyes for me baby..." and surely his eyes slid open slowly. I stepped back and watched as the nurse did her questioning and checked him.

"Ok Mr Anoa'i I will need for you to take a rest now and I will return with your meds and therapy information."

"Therapy?" He asked.

"Yes sir, with where the injury occurred and the amount of blood loss you may be walking with crutches for a while until your body is strong enough." She stated. He groaned.

"How long?"

"Well that depends on how fast your body heals." She said.

"Ok." He replied.

"Joseph I think it's best you go to sleep now and I'll have surprise for you later on." He smiled slightly and his eyes closed. Knowing him he probably thought I was gonna do him a sexual favor and dress like a slutty nurse. No I was gonna have his family come see him finally awoke.

A few hours later after calling they were all here. The mom, dad, sister, cousins, and other close family and friends including Kofi and Kyla. We were waiting for him to open his eyes once more chatting around to make time go by and getting to know each other. Jojo was sitting in my lap playing on her tablet with some silly chocolate chip shaped virtual pet.

"Oh...a party without me someone should've woke me." We all turned to the source of the voice trying to lay up in bed, but groaning do to the pain in his lower abdomen.

"Daddy!" Jojo squealed as she hopped off of me and onto the hospital bed.

"Hey sweetheart!" He said with as much excitement and pulled her into a hug.

Everyone started hugging and talking to Joseph, while I just sat back and held back the tears of joy. Watching this man come back was a miracle, and to see the happiness on other people's faces especially Jojo's. I made sure to thank God everyday for not taking him from this world. Evidently a stray tear must have left my face because Joseph noticed.

"Kate don't cry come here and tell me what's wrong." He gestured with his arms opened wide. I didn't hesitate as I threw myself into his warm embrace.

"I'm just so happy to see everyone so happy." I said in one quick breath.

"And I'm so happy to see you happy also...but I don't like seeing tears come from your eyes so don't ever cry for me okay?" I nodded in response. I opened my eyes and everyone was staring in awe until Jojo broke the silence.

"Daddy can I have some chocolate?" And just like that the tension in the room lifted as it flooded with laughter.

"What did I say?" She asked as Joseph started to tickle her.

"Of course sweetheart." He said with a warming smile. "As a matter of fact when I get out of here we can go to Disneyland." She squealed with delight. You could definitely tell he loved spoiling his little girl and I understand. How could you say no to that face.

"Are you going to marry the queen?" She smiled widely. Oh no. Everyone's eyes were on me and Joseph.

"No sweetheart.....not yet." On the last part he looked at me and my body started to heat. Only this man could make my body go crazy, and from a Damn hospital bed.

"Oh stop it Joseph...you shouldn't be talking about us right now." I stated looking out the window.

"Can everyone give us a moment please?" Joseph asked more like commanded and everyone walked out leaving me and Joseph.

"Come Kate." I hopped up and walk over to his bed and sat on the edge.

"Kate I may not remember much but I remember my last words to you before I blacked out and I meant it." His hand came up to caress my side.

I have been thinking about it, but I don't know what it is. I never experienced it. It's so foreign to me. I thought I loved a man but he only hurt me the most. And the man who was supposed to love me...left me and never did.

"I know but..."

"But what?" He asked.

"I don't know what that is...." I said feeling embarrassed.

"Well let me teach you Kate. I want to be with you. I've never felt this way about any woman. I want to experience love with you." He said staring right into my eyes.

"Um....I don't know."

"Kate please...we can take things slow, I just can't see the rest of my life without you playing a role in it." He pleaded.

"Ok....but once you're out of here we have to go on a proper date." I stated.

"Ok." He chuckled.

We invited the family back in and chatted around a little more. I also told him about Eva and where she's at now. He told us she was lucky, or else he would've killed her. It was getting late and I decided to spend another night with him. Holding his hand while Jojo layed beside him in bed. We watched a couple of movies before I was out like a light.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Thanks for reading luvs!

Vote
Comment
Follow
Share ✨✨✨✨