.One.

-edited-

Seattle.

The sun rays beamed through the city, looking so innocent behind the clouds. The beautiful smiles plastered on the faces of the people walking around the streets. And finally, the green trees and many coloured flowers looked so alive.

Moving from Los Angeles to here was a great decision. The best thing was that my parents were supporting me with this. Also Tyler, my boyfriend, found a job here so he could be near me.

I rested my head on the window, thinking of the many publishing companies I applied to. Until I get accepted to one of them, I'll be working at a bookstore. I guess it was gonna be fun because there will be books everywhere.

"Evie, we're here." Tyler shook me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I gave him a small smile. Stepping out of the uber with the luggage in my hands, I took in the building in front of me. It looked so modern to the extend that it may or may not be made out of diamonds.

Being the gentleman he is, Tyler took my luggage from my hands and motioned for me to follow him. We stepped into the elevator, and I stood awkwardly not knowing which button to press.

"Second floor, love." Tyler chuckled and I pressed the button. He was the one who chose the building and insisted on dividing the money between us. There was a ding and the state-of-the-art elevator opened to reveal white shinning apartment doors.

I managed to keep my mouth shut until we entered the house, but when the door swung open I couldn't resist.

"Oh my god! This apartment is amazing! Tyler I can't believe you got me this one, it's so fancy and modern and..wow!" I beamed while hugging him tightly and all he did was chuckle at my reaction.

"Well, I told you to leave the choosing for me. But you didn't believe that a 22 year old therapist will choose a nice one."

"I underestimated you, my 22 year old therapist." I pulled my arms around his neck and stood on my toes. I met his blue eyes and pressed my lips to his. It was a quick peck, yet it managed to send a few butterflies to my stomach.

"I'll help you unpack." He grabbed the first box he saw and we started unpacking.

***
"The house looks amazing!" I clapped my hands and hugged Tyler quickly before entering the kitchen. "Thanks for your help, Ty."

"Anything for my amazing editor." He gave me a wink and I silently prayed for his words to come true someday.

"Tea or Nescafé?" I asked from the kitchen.

"Tea, I don't want caffeine to come in my way when I want to sleep."

After grabbing a to-go cup, I went out of the kitchen to find Tyler holding a picture of my young sister.

"I actually miss Cindy." He sighed as I wrapped my arms around his waist. I rested my chin on his shoulder to see the picture of me and my 15 year old dead sister.

"I miss her too." I shut my eyes tightly to prevent any tears from escaping. "Now, let's go to your house, we still need to unpack your boxes." I took the picture from him and set it back on the small counter next to the couch.

We went out of the apartment and closed the door behind us. There was a door adjacent from mine that creaked open to reveal a blonde boy with a garbage bag in his hands. He was actually hot, but I was never gonna admit  it in front of Tyler.

"Oh hey, you're my new neighbour?" He smiled towards us and I nodded.

"I will live here, he's my boyfriend." I smiled and Tyler suddenly took me closer by his side. I rolled my eyes at how protective he was.