.Ten.

"I wish I could take my eyes out and create a lens for you to see the world the way I do.
I wish I could make you love the difference in yourself the way I love it."

-edited-
___________________________

"FUCKING SLAP ME!"

My brain didn't have time to respond so I slapped him.

He kept staring at me for a few seconds and then turned around and into the elevator.

What the fuck was that? He didn't sound drunk, but sure enough he sounded crazy. I shook my head and closed the door. I entered my bedroom, but before sleeping I went over by the window. Harry was sitting down on the sidewalks, looking up. It was about 10 seconds when I figured that he was looking at my window.

I sighed and closed the curtains. After the lights were off, I bit my bottom lip not knowing whether I should take a last look or not.

"Whatever." I mumbled to myself and looked from the window. Harry wasn't there. This guy was so mysterious.

I got out of my flip-flops and nuzzled under the covers. I grabbed the pillow and hugged it tightly, then slept in peace.

***
Second day of the weekend. I didn't have any plans, so I ordered pizza and watched Netflix. I was thinking of which movie should I choose when my phone started ringing. I looked at the caller ID and was happy when I found Liam's name on display.

"Hi! I missed you so much!" I beamed through the phone.

"Good morning sis! I missed you more!"

"I'm really happy you called but may I ask why?"

"You sure don't want to sound rude." My brother chuckled. "I have a surprise for you."

"What? What? What? I'm not good at guessing." I sighed into the phone.

"Okay, go open your door." He instructed.

"Which door?" I asked, confused.

"Your apartment door, Evie."

"Why?"

"Just do it Evie!"

"Fine fine!" I steadied the phone in between my ear and shoulder. I slipped into my flip-flops and went to open the door.

What the-

"SURPRISE!" My brother took me off the ground and spinned me around.

"Liam! Oh my god, how did you get here?" I asked him once my feet touched the ground.

"Work sent me here in a mission for two weeks." He closed the door and went to sit on the couch.

"You'll stay here for two weeks! That's amazing!" I jumped on the couch next to him.

"I know right! Where's Tyler?" Liam took his luggage and went towards my room.

"He got a job in London." Liam saw how sad I was so he hugged me tightly.

"Okay, so I was thinking we could do like the old days. I sleep on the ground and you on the bed while talking about our lives." Liam suggested.

Liam and I were really close. The difference between our ages was 2 years. He was 23 and a pretty great doctor, especially in surgery.

"It sounds great!" I pulled the extra pillows and blankets from their place to spread them down on the floor, next to my bed.

The doorbell rang and I knew the pizza arrived. I passed the bathroom and heard Liam singing in the shower; I rolled my eyes as I remembered how he used to sing in the shower when we lived back home. I picked the money from the drawer in the kitchen and went to open the door.