.Three.

-edited-

Today was Thursday. No bookstore. No stress. No worries. Just me and my house, alone. Tyler went to visit his parents and will come back in two days, so I was totally alone in this amazing city.

It had been two days since Mr.Jefferson told me that he'll call, and he never did. I began to worry, when an unknown number called me. "Hello?"

"Hi, Ms.Radley?"

"Yes, who is it?"

"I'm Amber, from Stance Publishing.." Please be good, please be good.. "And I'm calling to tell you that you have been accepted." YES!

"Oh my god, thank you so much!"

"Your welcome, please be here on Monday. It'll be your first day."

This call made me extremely happy, I finally got my dream job. There were a few knocks on my door and I was kind of surprised to see Louis.

"Hi" I smiled politely. "Come in?"

"Thanks, Ev." I raised my eyebrows at the nickname he picked for me and he shrugged.

"Do you want anything to drink?"

"No, thanks. I came to invite you to dinner tonight. You know as new neighbours."

Louis seemed really nice, but the fact that he knew someone like Harry made me think twice. His friend could be a murderer for gods sake!

"I don't know." I admitted

"C'mon Ev! We'll get to know each other."

"Okay, fine. When?"

"8?"

"It sounds good! Okay see you then." I grabbed his hand and pushed him out the door.

"Woah woah, why the hurry?"

"I need to do some things. Personal women things."

"I don't need to know. Bye!"

My last encounter with Harry was also two days ago. I didn't avert my eyes from the window ever since. He visited that building every night. I always watched him from afar, but he never noticed.

I dressed into blue jeans and a tank top and went out to quit my current job. I didn't need to take my car because the bookstore was close to where I lived.

The same jingle bells rang once I entered the store. I smiled to the girl who was taking the shift today and knocked on David's office. He opened nodding his head towards me as he got out of his office and closed the door behind him.

"Evangeline! Today's your day off, what are you doing here girl?"

"I told you before call me Evie please, and I want to quit."

"You can't quit." He stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"May I ask why?"

"You signed a contract, and it says you can't quit until your 6 months are over ."

"The contract I signed was making sure that I don't steal anything." I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for him to response.

"Yes that and the fact that you have to work for 6 months. It was written down."

"You didn't tell me!" I shouted and some of the costumers started to stare.

"Sorry that you can't read." He shrugged.

"Show me that contract!" He stepped into his office and came back with the contract. Sure enough, it was written down in the tiniest font possible.