.Fifty-Two.

"Find what you love, and let it kill you."
____________________

I woke up to the sound of screeching chairs and glass. I blinked a few times before recalling what happened yesterday; I thought it was a dream. By looking around, my thoughts were proved wrong. It wasn't a dream; it really did happen.

"Good m- morning, Ev- Evie." Derek greeted with a small smile.

I stared at him for a while before nodding. He sighed and jumped on a pile of chairs, they were probably more than three chairs on top of each other. He stood on the top holding what looked like a water pipe, and attempted to break the window but it was too far away. Every time the chairs wiggled, I felt my legs standing up to catch him before falling. I didn't know why but I had a strong feeling that Derek couldn't die now, he knew too much. I needed to know too much.

He jumped back down on the floor with another sigh out of disappointment.

"Are you hu- hungry?" He turned to look at me. I just nodded.

Derek dragged his leg to another room on this floor and came back with bread and cheese. Where does he come up with all of this food? First chocolates and biscuits, then this. To be honest, it wasn't my perfect definition of a breakfast but I wasn't in a position to complain.

After I finished eating, while I was watching him trying to reach the window and break it, I decided that I had the right to know some answers. I knew that I was supposed to get them out of Harry, but I had the chance in front of me. I wasn't going to lose it.

"I need some answers." I blurted out, which caused Derek to fall from on top of the pile of chairs. I screamed, running towards him but of course he already fell on the floor.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." I apologised, helping him stand up.

"Its o- okay. I just didn't th- think you'll talk anytime soon." He admitted.

I took a seat next to him on the floor, looking at his face. Behind the dirt and dried blood stamped on his face, I could see a handsome man. Hot even.

"Erik and th- them helped Harry to fi- find me. As his revenge, he tr- trapped me in here without fo- food and water-"

"How did you give me food?" I interrupted him.

"Let me fi- finish." He chuckled and I nodded.

"A few months ago, I to- told Harry the whole st- story. Which is, I'm kian's so- son."

"What the.. Are you serious!?" I never expected that. Never. In. A. Million. Years.

"Yes. How- however, he used to tor- torture me a lot. Long story sh- short, I became ment- mentally ill and burnt the building because I th- thought it was better for gem- Gemma to not live in such a cr- cruel world." He summed up everything.

So yes, I was right. He was practically a psycho, but the shocking part was the reason. He used to be tortured by his father; Kian Stance. Now, I felt nothing but hatred towards the guy I used to work with. Maybe that was why Harry refused to let me get back to work.

"Is this why Harry didn't want me to work with him again?" I spoke my thoughts out loud.

"No there's an- another reason. Just wa- wait.."

I nodded and focused.

"Harry is bringing me a therapist, just for me to stay s- sane. I'm already a ps- psycho, but Harry had to make su- sure I don't act like one."

"Wow, I didn't know Harry was so kind." I smiled, knowing that Harry was helping Derek although he killed his sister. I really didn't know Harry was that understanding.