.Prologue.

-edited-

I stepped into the dark building, afraid of what I was going to see or what I was going to come in contact with. Every step I took, a crunching sound echoed through the walls.

I wanted to know why he always came in here, and why he always spent most of his time in an abandoned building like this.

I put my hands on a wall to steady my breathing. I wasn't running, no. My heart was beating so fast and sweat was all over my face. I cleaned my forehead with my sleeve and took another crunching step.

A hand snaked itself around my wrist and I wanted to scream so loud, but the other hand was covering my mouth. Tears started to run down my face, until I turned around to face him. I was relieved.

"Evie, What are you doing here?" He asked in concern.

"I wanted to know what do you always do in here!" I whispered, still resting a hand on my chest.

"You need to get out right now!" He took my arm and started his way towards the door, but I broke out of his grasp.

"No! I need to know what you are hiding, Harry." I searched for his green emerald eyes and he avoided meeting mine.

"Please Evie, get out of here. I don't want you to get hurt, trust me." He pleaded.

"How should I trust you when you are hiding tons of secrets!" I whispered loudly and suddenly he smashed his lips into mine. After a long passionate kiss, our foreheads were touching. His bright eyes bored into mine.

"You should trust me because you know how much I love you, even when sometimes I don't act like it."

I shut my eyes tightly and intertwined my fingers with his. He slightly smiled and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"I knew you'll trust me." He sighed and before we could take another step, I stopped him.

"You will tell me everything right?" I asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"Evie, I can't-"

"No, you have to promise that you'll tell me."

"I'll tell you some things, but I can't tell you all of the truth at once. But I promise you'll know at the end."

I put my hands around his neck and his hands snaked around my waist. We hugged each other for too long, enjoying the frightening silence.

"Now let's go." He whispered into my ear and I nodded.

And then the worst nightmare happened, me forced to be dragged away from him. Literally.

A hand yanked my leg and I immediately screamed bloody murder. "HARRYYY!!"

His eyes were wide, full of terror.  He was about to pull my hand towards him, but it was too late.

"EVANGELINE!"

I was dragged into the dark, dreadful place. What killed me the most was the last thing I heard.

Harry screaming my name in pain.