.Four.

I have found so much beauty in the dark as I have found a lot of horrors in the light

-edited-
____________________________

First day at Stance Publishing. I was wishing with everything I have, to do great in this job.

I wore my semi-long skirt and a blazer, then headed to work. The ride was nerve-wrecking. I was afraid to fuck up everything and lose the job I loved. I parked in front of the building and made my way through it. Once I stepped inside, Amber greeted me with a wide smile.

"You'll be working in the office on the left." She pointed to a door and I thanked her. I didn't bother to knock, I just entered and took a look around. Employees were working, and my eyes landed on the empty desk. I sat down and was very happy when I found sheets of paper already displayed in front of me.

"Evie, right?" A girl with dark purple curls asked me. I was surprised she didn't call me by my full name.

"Yeah. And you?"

"Stella. Mr.Jefferson told us about you. He said you don't like it when people call you by your full name."

"Nice to meet you Stella." I extended my hand for a shake, but she hugged me instead. She was friendly apparently.

"Let me introduce you around before you start." She took her chair and came to sit next to me. "This is Zeke. He is kind of the bad boy of the place, yet he is really smart."

I took a look at Zeke and he gave me a wink. His dirty blonde hair and crystal grey eyes were features someone would die for.

"This is Hannah. She is the accountant, and she is really nice." Hannah's short black hair was incredibly shiny. She gave me a smile and I noticed how her teeth were as white as pearls.

"These two are Leon and Thomas. They're best friends. They're like me, you and Zeke. Correct errors and see writings." Leon and Thomas both were decent, they were cute in some type of way. They waved and I returned it. Thomas' green irises reminded me of Harry's. Well, except that Harry's eyes are dull green and Thomas' are shiny and bright.

I took a blue pen and started circling the errors.

"Hey, how many pages you got there?" I turned to see Leon asking me with a pen sticking behind his ear. Attractive.

"Mmm, 4 pages and you?"

"Lucky! I have six freaking pages. The dude who wrote this one had to make sure to make every single word wrong." I came to a conclusion that Leon was easy to talk to.

After finishing the damned essay, I gave it to Amber. She collected and gave them to Mr.Jefferson. If I was lucky enough and he really liked my work, he was going to give it to Mr.Stance and I was going to get a praise.

It was time to go home but before exiting the company, Amber told me that Mr.Jefferson wanted to see me. I knocked, then came in to find him smiling with a file in his hands.

"Ms.Radley you've done a great job with the essay you edited a few hours ago."

"Thank you! I tried not to ruin it."

"That's why if you don't mind, I'll give you an essay to work on at home. It's really long, so I'll take it next week." He gave me the file in his hands and I predicted that it was at least 20 pages.

"I don't mind at all! Have a nice day." He gave me one last smile and I went out of the building with the file in my hand.

I headed to my car, which was nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere around the company, but made no progress. I started walking to see if it was anywhere in the front, and suddenly I got slammed to a wall. My first thought was that it was Harry since somehow he kept popping out of nowhere. I opened my eyes to see two men, who looked like thugs.