.Thirty-Nine.

"I and life: The case was settled chivalrously. The opponents parted without having made up."
______________________________

I felt my light head bobbling to the sides without me controlling it. I thought that my eyes were still closed, but the movement of blinking proved the opposite. Everything was dark. Although I didn't know where I was, I felt the ropes tightened around my wrists and ankles.

I moved my ankles to make sure that the thought in my head was not wrong. And it wasn't; I was officially kidnapped for the third time in two months. Was it the third or the fourth? I lost count.

I heard a faint laugh around me. I moved my head to the source of the sound; it was next to me. I was going to suspect that it was Erik, but it was a female's voice.

"Who are you?" I asked and heard another laugh. It was oddly familiar.

"Oh right! I forgot that you're blind-folded." The woman laughed lightly and I felt hands behind my head untying the cloth.

The voice was familiar, yet I didn't recognise it. The cloth was fully out of my face but I still didn't open my eyes. I could feel the lights blinding me, so I adjusted myself then opened one by one slowly. I couldn't believe my eyes. My mouth was hung open; never I thought that she will be the one helping Erik. She always seemed so innocent and had nothing to do with anything. Kim.

"Surprised?" She chuckled. I still couldn't answer. "How naïve." She shook her head.

"You were just Niall's girlfriend. How?"

"Did you really think I liked Niall? I wanted to break up with him a long time ago, but then you came. Dad ordered me to stay around."

"Dad?" I asked, not catching up.

"Erik. My name's Kim Lanter." She said proudly.

"What!?" My eyes widened.

"Oh, wait till you know the real shocking news." She smirked and I felt my heart sink just thinking about the possibilties.

I gulped and didn't answer. She left the room, heels clicking on the wooden floor behind her. I looked around and tried to think of anything. I remembered the sight of Harry on the kitchen floor yesterday. They knocked him out; it was evident on his bloody forehead.

That meant that Harry couldn't help me. This time I was more worried about Harry than myself. Erik could hit him or harm him because of me; that thought made me sick to my stomach. Louis was the only one who could save us, yet he wouldn't know what happened to us.

Few moments later, Kim came back with an opened laptop in her hands. She was smirking the whole time. I was sure that she held in her hands something that was going to ruin me. I swallowed hard, not ready for seeing something that could destroy me.

"Are you going to show me or you'll just keep smirking to yourself like an idiot?" I snapped, wanting to get over with this situation.

"Are you sure you want to see this?" She asked, raising sarcastic eyebrows.

"Show me the fucking thing." I said through gritted teeth.

"As you wish.." She shrugged and took a chair next to me.

She held the laptop in her lap and clicked on some files until a picture of Harry appeared. No not a picture; a video of Harry tied up in a plain room. It was live. Erik was pacing in front of Harry while Harry was glaring at him. I noticed the blood near Harry's lips, they were not there last night.

"You disappointed me." Erik shook his head and Harry glared one more time.

"You know that I need time." Harry spoke up, his voice low and tired.