CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

TAP ON THAT LITTLE STAR TO LIGHT UP MY WORLD. xxx

LAURA'S POINT OF VIEW

I watch Harry quietly for another ten minutes, just to make sure that he's in deep slumber before I cautiously remove my hand from his. The grip he has on my hand loose, causing it to slip from Harry's grasp easily.

My eyes run over his lying figure once before I stand up from the uncomfortable chair and quietly tip toe out of the room, not wanting Harry to wake up and cause a scene for me not staying with him at night. I probably would've stayed with him if it wasn't against the rules of the hospital.

My eyes scan the waiting room and I find Zayn sitting in one of the chairs. As I walk closer towards him, I find his eyes clamped shut and his head hanging to one side, he was asleep.

"Zayn?" I reach forward and places my hand on his shoulder, shaking him gently.

"C'mon, wake up." I try again when I get no response the first time. "Zayn." I say, patting his cheek in an attempt to wake him up.

His brows furrow as I continue patting his cheek after a few seconds he lets out a small groan and I quickly remove my hand from his face, taking a step back.

Zayn's eyes slowly flutter open, his brows furrowed as he blinks a couple of times before letting out a yawn and stretching his legs.

"My back hurts." He mumbles sleeply with a groan as his eyes scan the surroundings before settling on me. "What now?" Zayn asks, his tongue darting out and running over his bottom lip as he shifts in his seat.

"The nurse said that we aren't allowed to stay here at night." I tell him, shifting my weight from one foot to another and crossing my arms across my chest as I wait for Zayn to get up.

I start getting annoyed when he makes no move, instead he just sits there and lets out a long sigh before rubbing his eyes and fishing the phone out of his pocket and staring at the screen.

"We'll go to my house." Zayn speaks up after a minute or so as he gets up, causing his knees to make a cracking noise for staying put in one place for too long.

I find myself frowning at his words. Not knowing why he's taking me to his place. Harry probably wouldn't want me to be anywhere other than his own house.

"Your place?" I ask him quietly, tucking my hair behind my ear and Zayn gives me an annoyed look, putting his phone in the back pocket of his jeans.

"Why, what's wrong with it?" He asks, not sounding least bit interested in what ever I have on my mind at the moment.

"I just, Harry won't mind?" I ask him and Zayn just shrugs in response, not giving me a verbal answer before he turns around and starts walking towards the exit.

I stand there staring at his back with my mouth half open, wondering why hell he's so bitchy. When I realize that he probably won't even wait for me in the car, I quickly run after him, stumbling as I try to close the distance between us.

I let out a loud sigh when we reach Zayn's car and finally he decides to acknowledge my presence, a small smile gracing his lips.

"Good choice you made, sweet heart." He says with a nod before slipping inside the car and I do the same, sitting down on the passenger seat and buckling myself up as Zayn starts the car and speeds out of parking lot.

Not a word is spoken between the two of us during the entire ride and some how I find the silence extremely comfortable. Probably because whenever Zayn talks to me, he has something bitter to stay.