BONUS CHAPTER: PART THREE

A cold breeze floats inside the room, chilling me to my bones as I stand in front of the window, overlooking the beauty of night.

The sky isn't as cloudy as it usually is, the stars twinkling bright as if happy to see the full moon. The soft rustling of tree leaves sounds like a sweet lullaby making me more and more drowsy with every passing second.

But despite of the drowsiness and such beautifully peaceful night I feel restless. There is something, troubling my mind for the reason unknown.

Minutes pass and I finally decide to get some sleep. Closing the window, I turn to check on my daughter and find her sleeping soundly. The teddy bear Harry had bought for her tucked safely underneath her chin. 

Smiling at the memory of when she'd told me about this teddy bear being her favorite, I kiss her cheek and cover her with the blanket properly. 

"This one is my favorite teddy mommy."

"And why's that?"

"Cause it has green eyes like daddy."

Getting myself ready for bed, I sigh, checking my phone to see if there are any messages. Finding none, I message Harry, a simple I love you.

As I lie in the bed, I feel the discomfort bubbling inside of me. Tossing and turn, I try my best to fall asleep but fail. Hours pass, I stare at the wall infront of me, not thinking anything but still feeling the same discomfort.

Blowing air out of my mouth, I get up from the bed and decide to go out for a walk. The clock reads quarter past three and I realize that I'd only spent half an hour in the bed.

Just when I'm about to leave the room, my phone starts ringing. Frowning, I approach the table and feel myself becoming a little worried when I see Harry's name on it. It is unlike Harry to call me this late at night specially when it's not a weekend.

"Harry." I say quietly into the phone, gulping anxiously as I wait for his response. "Is everything alright there, love?"

All I get in response is heavy breathing, no words spoken. The eerie silence causes my heart rate to pick up and I bring a hand to my chest, letting is rest on top of my wildly beating heart.

"Harry?" My voice is strained as I utter his name again in an attempt to make him say something. "Are you alright? What's wrong, tell me."

Again I get no reply for a long time and just when I am about to hang up, Harry speaks up.

"Laura, I'm sorry." His voice is strained, like he's been under too much stress.

"For what, babe? Why are you sorry?" I ask anxiously, sitting down on the bed as I wait for him to answer.

"In need you to come back. I need you here with me. Please. He wants to meet you."

My head spins a little at the lack of information being provided, unsure of what he's talking about, I shake my head to myself, hoping that he's just drunk and decided to call me after he saw my message.

"He want to meet you one last time, Laura." Harry says again, this time more forcefully than before.

"Who? Who is this 'he'? What are you talking about?" I ask, holding in my breath as I prepare myself to expect the worse.

Another pause, a long torturous pause.

"Josh." Harry whispers, causing my heart to sink and frown to deepen. The mention of his name is enough to make me feel nauseous and to think that i'll have to see him again.. No, that's simply not possible. "Josh says he needs to see you."

"He was in custody, was he not?" I ask bitterly, feeling my hands shaking as I clutch the phone tighter and try to calm myself. "What the fuck are you talking about, Harry?"

"You have to see him, Laura. For me, please." Harry says, sounding pained and a chuckle escapes my mouth at his words.

Unbelieveble. This man I've decided to marry is totally unbelievable.

"No." I say harshly, shaking my head as I stand up from the bed, feeling the anxiousness turning into anger. "No, why should I? I won't. I fucking won't."

How can I willingly agree to meet the person who ruined my life? How dare Harry think that I'll meet the fucker who killed my family and worse than that, raped me.

"I love him. He's my brother." Harry states and I inhale sharply.

Brother? He's barely even a human being. Oh Harry, what kind of person are you? I think to myself. Finding it hard to believe how after everything he's still calling that man his brother.

"He murdered your child and your girlfriend."  I say through clenced teeth, trying to hold keep myself under control.

"I know what he did but-" Harry says sharply, letting his anger and pain show through his voice, "but he's still my family."

"Family doesn't try to harm you, Harry. Family doesn't want you ruined." I tell him, feeling the traitrous tears spilling out of my eyes. 

"He's dying." At that said, I hear a sob on the other end and I realize that it's not only me whose crying at the moment. "He's my big brother, i've always loved me, Laura. I can't do this without you."

"He has cancer, Laura."

His words cause my eyes to become wide. Who knew the big, bad villian will end up in a hospital bed waiting for his life to come to an end.

 It's funny how this world works, you try your best to get what you want, unaware of what is written for you in the book of fate. 

"He wants to meet you. He says it's important. Please don't do this to him. Don't do this." 

"I don't want anything to do with my rapist." I tell Harry, letting out a breath and closing my eyes as the tears flow out, following the track down my cheeks. "I'll tell you this. If you love that traitor so much, you.. you can stay with him for all I care. I can not do this, I am not strong enough for something like this." 

I can almost feel Harry shaking his head on the other side of the phone. His hand fisting his hair out of frustation and jaw clenched tight.

"This is it then." His reply comes and I go blank momentarily, not sure of what he's talking about.

"What?" I ask him quietly, placing my hand on the near by side table for support. As I wait for him to make it clear. To let me know what he meant.

"If you can't do this, I'm sorry. We're done." 

The whole room seems to spin as soon as his words register in my head. My heart pounds erratically and I feel my knees giving up as I fall onto the floor, despite my attempt to keep standing.

"We are done?" I ask shakily, blurry eyes falling on the ring that is adorning my left hand, a prove that i'm his. A promise that he'll marry me.

"It's your decision." With that been said, the line goes dead and I sit on the floor, eyes fixated on the ring.

My body shakes violently as I bring my knees to my chest, hugging them tightly as I rock myself back and forth. Harry's words ringing in my head over and over again.

My chest burns and I hiccup loudly every now and then. Feeling my body tiring, puffy eyes drooping as small sobs continue to fall from my eyes. 

Anger and hurt, it's a lethal combination, specially when you feel both these emotions towards the person you love. 

Taking the ring off my finger, I throw it across the room before lying down on the floor, feeling the sleep consume me.

My sleep is disturbed by the sound of my phone ringing. In my sleepy haze, I search for the phone on the floor, sliding it open, I bring it to my ear.

"Hello." My say groggily into the phone, my still closed at I as wait for the person on the other side to reply.

"He's dead, Laura. Josh's dead."

There you all go. Hope you liked how Josh ended. xD