CHAPTER FORTY-ONE.

DEDICATED TO OVERLOAD_LUVAH BECAUSE IT'S HER BIRTHDAY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARLING.xx

************************************

Emptiness. That's what I feel when I'm lifted off the hard surface and carried somewhere out of the dimly lit room. The tears still fall from my eyes but I really don't know for which reason. I'm placed into a much softer seat of the car that is so much familiar to me. The car I was waiting for on the night that had ruined my life. The night which had turned my life upside down. The night Harry had found me.

The sound of car engine roaring to life causes a whimper to escape my lips and a shudder passes through my body. I blink my eyes multiple times, clearing my vision from the unwanted tears that were flowing out like a water fall. Ignoring the presence of a person sitting in the driver's seat, I rest my head on the window and stare at my surroundings. It's dark and empty, just like how I am feeling right now.

I don't know for how long the has been moving, all I know is that the road on which the car is moving is quite bumpy, making me jump many times in my seat, I almost even hit the dash board once but I make no attempt to put on a seat belt. A shriek escapes my mouth when the car comes to halt with a jerk, causing me to move forward in my seat again but unluckily, I don't hit my head and die.

A hand roughly grabs my jaw and with sudden force, my face is moved to the side. The pain surges in my neck at the harsh action but I make no attempt to make it evident. My eyes stare at the face of the man I had planned to spend my entire life with and my eyes immediately water again.

"Listen here, you will not tell Harry a word about anything that happened or I'll make sure to make your death more painful than It's already going to be. You hear me?" Josh's threat causes all the hair on my body to stand in fear. His harsh and cold tone making me unable to breathe properly and causing my body to shake slightly.

"I said, did you hear me?" He hiss, digging his sharp nails into my jaw with so much force that I'm sure my skin starts to bleed.

I try nodding my head in his grip and immediately he let's go of my face, forcefully causing it to hit the window. I gasp lowly at the dull ache it causes in my head but Josh pays no attention to it. I hear the opening and closing of the door and I shut my eyes for a moment, knowing what will come next. I'll be dragged into Harry's house again and will receive a brutal beating from him for trying to run away.

A loud cry escape my lips when the door of passenger seat is thrown open and I feel Josh tugging on my wrist in an attempt to pull me out of the car. Knowing that I have no other option, I compile to his wish and come out of the car without a single protest since I know that it will not get me anywhere. If anything, it will probably result in me getting hurt.

I'm pressed against the cool metal of the car with both my wrists held captive in one of Josh's hand. The burn in them only heightening due to the tight and rough grip but I don't protest, just stand quietly with my body trapped between Josh's own body and the car, waiting for his next move.

To be honest, during the past two or three weeks in Harry's house I have become accustomed to all this, being pushed around and beaten but never once had I felt this helpless and broken around Harry than I am feeling right now. Everything Josh's being doing and saying scares me. Maybe It's because of all the wicked things he has told me about himself, I don't really know.

"Now, you'll go back in that house and act like nothing happened. You know how Harry will react of he'll get to know that you tried to escape, yeah?" Josh's voice breaks the train of my thoughts and I find myself nodding at his words without even realizing it.

"Okay." He says in a hushed tone as if afraid that someone will hear him. "Now, be a very good girl and give me a farewell kiss." A smile spreads on his lips as he say the words,acting as if nothing wrong has happened.

Due to my lack of response, Josh squeezes my wrists tightly causing me to wince and new tears find their way into my eyes. Dreadfully, I move my face forward towards his and press my lips against his, fully knowing that a kiss on his cheek will not count. His lips move against mine for sometime before he pulls away with a wicked grin on his face.

He moves his body away from my own and then start dragging me away from the car. The tears contine to fall out of my eyes as we walk towards my destination, that is Harry's mansion. I hold my breath when it comes into view after a couple of minutes, shaking my head as we near it with each step we take.

"J-josh, please. I want to go back home." I beg him for one last time when we are standing at the entrance of the house.

A sneer leave his mouth and he turns his head in my direction. The darkness making it difficult to see his face fully but I easily make out the wicked smile on his lips, telling me that something is really wrong.

"Did I forgot to tell you, Laura?" Josh says with a fake gasp and my lips part in an attempt to say something but nothing come out of my mouth.

"Your parents were threatening me that they'll press charges against me for kidnapping their daughter so I had to kill them. Which means you have no home, anymore." He tells me casually and I feel the entire world crashing down on me as i process his words but before I get a chance to question wether he's lying or not, Josh opens the front door with a key, I'm pushed inside the house, the force applied causes me to fall down.

"Good bye." These are the last two words that I hear from him before the door is slammed shut again and I just lie there in the dark, my breath heavy and my heart pounding loudly in my chest as Josh's words repeat in my head over and over again.