CHAPTER ELEVEN.

"What are you doing?" I ask Luke with wide eyes when I see an injection in his hand. He glances at me before turning his attention back to the injection and grabs the small bottle containing colorless liquid in his other hand.

I watch intently as he places the syringe into the bottle and sucks the liquid out of the bottle, filling the syringe with it. Once done he puts the bottle back on the side table and walks towards the bed I'm lying in.

I feel my body getting tense as he sits on the chair where he was sitting before I woke up.

"Give me your hand, Laura." He demands calmly, almost like a professional doctor.

I shake my head and bring both of my hands to my chest and entwine my fingers tightly, not willing to let him inject me.

"No way," I say, glaring at him.

Luke lets out a sigh and shuffles a bit in his chair so that he's almost at the edge of it.

"Do you want me to help me or not?" His voice is calm and low as he shakes his hand in which he's holding the injection as if to silently telling me that it will help me.

I squint my eyes at him suspiciously, why does he suddenly want to help me? And most of all how can that injection help me? I mean, It's surely not poison since he already told me that he can't help me with killing myself.

"How can this injection help, huh?" I ask him staring at the syringe in his hand.

"It'll knock you out which means that you won't be confronting Harry anytime soon. That's what you want, right?" He says with a small smile playing on his lips and eyebrows raised, he knew fully that that's what I want. I don't want to see Harry. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever!

"It would be better if you poison me, you know? That'll be more helpful." I state in a monotone as my eyes shift from his face to the wall behind him.

"My job is to save people, Laura. Not kill them." He says, referring to him being a medical student. I can't help that sarcastic laugh that escapes my mouth when he says this.

"Well, sure all hell you're doing a great job saving me from the crazy man who has abducted me." My voice is laced with venom as I talk.

"Harry is not crazy!" He snaps, standing up from the chair. I'm surprised at his sudden change of tone, just a moment ago he was all calm and now he's on the verge of shouting.

Luke moves forward and quickly grabs my left arm, forcefully snatching it away from me, I try to protest but I'm not giving a chance to do that as he quickly put the needle into my wrist, pushing down the piston of the syringe and letting the medicine enter my blood system. Once he's done, he gently places my arm on the bed and I stare at him in shock. My mouth is parted as I try to say something, anything, but nothing comes out of my mouth.

"Harry will be in your life forever, Laura. The sooner you accept it the better it is for you."

Luke's words make me angry and scared at the same time. How dare him to say that? He knows that Harry has caused me nothing except misery since he has abducted me, snatched me away from my loved ones yet here Luke is telling me to get along with Harry. Bullshit!

My eyes are getting heavier and heavier and my head fuzzy as the medicine starts showing its effect on my body.

"Have a good sleep, Laura," Luke says as I try to keep my eyes open, blinking a couple of times I finally give up, letting the darkness overtake me as I close my eyes.

.

It's been a week since the incident and all I've done during this week is sleep, eat, cry and shout for help but it never helped and I'm sure that it never will.