CHAPTER FORTY-TWO.

I make no attempt to get up and try to make an escape again, fully aware that I have no where to take shelter. The person who had made so many promises about loving me till his last breath was a liar, a betrayer, a monster who took away everything from me. My freedom, my joy and most importantly my parents. He killed them. He killed the only two people who truly loved me. Tears fall effortlessly from my eyes and sobs escape my lips as I lie on the floor, brining my knees to my chest and wrapping my around around them. Minutes feel like hours as I stay in the fetal position, thinking about everything that has happened on this night. The more I think, the more it causes my head to ache. I tightly squeeze my eyelids shut as another sob escape my lips.

Faint noise of footsteps sound in my ears but I make no attempt to move from my place, thinking that It's my mind playing games on me and even if the noise is real, I can not really bring myself to care about it. The worst thing that can happen is me getting killed by Harry and to be honest, at the very moment, getting murdered seems like the best way to escape this hell.

The footsteps become louder and then I hear the clicking of the light switch and I squeeze my eye lids tighter when I feel the bright light seeping through my closed lids, making me fully aware of Harry's presence. The footsteps sound again before they come to an abrupt pause and I feel something cold on my shoulder causing me to cringe and move away from the touch.

"Baby?" Harry's voice is barely above a whisper when he speaks and I even though my eyes are close, I can easily picture his face at the very moment. I can picture his eye brows furrowed and a frown on his lips as he takes my figure in.

When I don't respond, I feel his hand being removed from my shoulder and I hold my breath in anticipation, a tear escape from my left eye as I wait for a blow to come for not replying to him but instead I feel a hand being placed on my left cheek causing a shiver to run through me at how cold it feels against my skin. A gasp leaves Harry's lips before he moves the same hand to my forehead and again his touch feels so cold that I find myself mumbling something incoherent in protest before moving my head away with a little strength I find.

"Fuck, you're burning, Stella." I hear Harry say, I feel him shifting in his place before a hand is placed on the back of my thighs, the other find its way on the back of my head and I feel myself being lifted from the ground, my body pressing against Harry's hard, cold one. I involuntarily fist his t-shirt tightly in my hands, afraid that he might drop me but it doesn't happen. I feel him taking long strides, my weight seeming to have no affect on him as he effortlessly walk towards God knows where.

"What the fuck happened to you? God damn it!" He says after few second, his voice a lot louder than before, anger and confusion clear in it. The grip he has around my thighs suddenly becomes a bit tight causing a throbbing pain in my lower region, a sob to escape my lips at that and tears slip out of my close eye lids as the images of Josh carelessly fucking me against my will, run in my mind. Harry seems to notice it since he stops in his track and I feel his cold lips on my forehead causing another shiver to run through my body.

"Shh, don't cry. I'm not gonna hurt you, love." He mumbles against my forehead before peppering my entire face with small kisses and even though it makes me feel uncomfortable I'm unable to voice my thoughts, finding no strength to speak.

Harry mumble something under his breath when another sob uncontrollably leaves my mouth before he starts walking again. Not a word is exchanged between the two of us until Harry places me on a warm, comfortable mattress and drapes a blanket over my body, causing the cold to subside to some extent.

"Can you open your eyes, darling." Harry gently takes a hold of my hand in both of his own before speaking up again. His question sounding more like a command but his tone is calm and gentle, no trace of anger present in it. I try to pry my eyes open but they feel extremely heavy like someone has placed weight on them.

"Just once Stella, just to let me know that you're okay." Harry urges me again, squeezing my hand a little as if to encourage me to do what he's asking and I try once again, just for my own sake, fully aware of the fact that I'm not really in condition to suffer Harry's wrath but like before it doesn't work, my eyes remain shut even though I try my hardest to open them.

Tears start leaking out of my eyes again and in my mind, I find myself screaming at my body to not to cry, to be strong and find something better to do but it doesn't help. My body feels tired,weak, defeated. I somehow part my lips to tell him that I am unable to open my eyes and I'm sorry and I don't want him to hurt me but no sound comes out of my mouth, making me realize how weak and helpless I really am right not.

"No, no, no." I hear Harry whisper panicking, " Don't cry, baby. It's okay, I'm here." He says and I feel him shift on the bed before I'm lifted again, an arm wraps around my waist while the other one pats my head repeatedly, sentences like 'i love you', ' you're fine' and ' I'm here ' are whispered repeatedly in my ear, having a somewhat soothing effect on my mind and eventually I feel it going fuzzy untill everything becomes dark and peaceful.

________________________________________________________________________________

SO HARRY'S SUPER GENTLE IN THIS CHAPTER, DID YOU GUYS LIKE IT OR DO YOU PREFER ANGRY, BRUTAL HARRY?

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS CHAPTER. :)

LOTSS OF LOVEE. xx