Chapter Seven

We drove for about fifteen minutes before being dropped off at a random lot. It was dark and lined with barb wired fences but I couldn't help but feel slightly safe with the Joker leading me. We approached five men waiting by a large truck and I felt a tad bit awkward while he went to go check the back of the truck. 

"Are all these ready to use?" Joker asked, holding up an awfully large gun that made my heart skid to a halt. I wasn't used to this so I had a hard time taking all of the guns and dark, intimidating locations.

"We obviously wouldn't give you weapons that don't--" I nearly jumped out of my own skin when three bullets ripped through the man's chest and the sound of the gunfire rip through my ear drums.

"That's one way to do it " one of his men said.

With that, the four remaining men hopped into the back of the truck and I cautiously walked over as well. When my eyes fell on the tons of weapons stored in this truck, I felt myself tense up. Its not like weapons go off on their own but I felt a little wary being around them.
"Coming?" Joker asked, his red lips curving into a grin as he extended a purple gloved hand.
"Of course." I replied, taking his hand as I settled any doubts or worries.

I stood in the moving truck, holding my balance surprisingly well for three inch heels. As I focused on holding my balance and focusing on the secret excitement I had, I didn't notice the Joker approach me with a gun with a pretty large barrel. Too large for bullets.
"What's this?" I asked as he shoved it in my hands. I raised my eyebrows as I looked up at him. I felt his hand press against my back and lead me to the clear wall of the truck. As if on cue, it opened and the wind started yo blow the blue curls on my head back. My eyes fell on the Batman's high tech, matte black car and I asked,"how the hell did you manage to cross paths with him?"

"Fake call for trapped hostages. Figures he's going to take the underpass." a man shrugged.

"Fire away." Joker said, standing behind me with his hands on my shoulders. But I couldn't. I was so determined to get my revenge but my heart was racing and my thoughts were unclear. I tensed up and all I could do was stare at the batmobile. 

"Remember when he drove you off that bridge?" he asked, voice getting closer to my ear. I nodded, those memories breaking through my stiff barrier. "Remember how you saw the water coming closer as you fell from the bridge? Knocking yourself out not knowing if you'd wake up again? Remember how I saved you?" At that point,his words had become more aggressive and my thoughts have cleared up, leaving space for those reminders of what Batman did to me.

Everything was catching up to me now. The hurt that came from knowing Batman drove me off the road, the years of anger from my parents, and the insanity the Joker brought upon me. Without another thought, my mind went blank and I pulled the trigger. A second of silence fell and then the front of the Batman's car blew up in flames and he went spiraling out of control. 

The tension released on my chest as the Joker laughed and pulling that trigger felt...good. The thrill was something I couldn't idea and nor was the idea of wanting to do it again.

At this point, all of the guilt and betrayal washed away because watching Batman feel the same way I did when he drove me off the bridge felt empowering. 

"Good shot!" Joker laughed menacingly, shutting the side of the truck before turning around to face me. I felt a smile creep onto my lips and I took a deep breath. It was a good shot and a good feeling too. But my smile faded when the Joker's purple gloved hands gripped my forearms and slammed my back against the truck wall. I was as stiff as a brick wall, too taken back to react. "But choke up like that again and I'll really choke ya." he threatened, his voice darkening as well as his expression.