Chapter Forty Five

Five Years Later
Harvard University

"Congratulations Class of 2021!"

With the stethoscope around my neck and cap on my head, I left the stage with a beaming smile. After four years of the hardest work of my life, I graduated Harvard's Medical School among peers young and old who made me forget the life I once had. 

The crowd was tight with families of the small graduating class and I maneuvered my way around the yard with the sun attracted to my black gown. Suddenly, I caught a glimpse of a red head and a blonde, immediately recognizing my mother and sister.

"Olivia!" I called out. When she turned, so did the rest of my family. 

My father, mother, Luke, Olivia, and Eric had faced me with open arms and I ran to them as fast as I could in heels. My sister was the first to embrace me and Luke had wrapped his arms around us well, our sibling bond never stronger. I pulled away, my mother first to embrace me while my father idly stood beside us. 

"I'm so proud. We knew you would make it here, hun." my mother whispered. I pulled back from one of the many embraces I would receive today, this one being the most fulfilling.
Then, I faced my father who wore a proud smile and it meant the world to see that from him.My father became the Senate of New York like he had wanted to. It was the reason we finally got out of Gotham.

 We hugged briefly and I faced Eric and the little girl who stood beside him, my daughter.

Amelia Thompson.

"Mommy!" Amelia cried with excitement, running to me with open arms. I crouched down to embrace her in my arms. Amelia was five years  old, almost sux and she had a mane of red hair and big blue eyes just like her dad.
I didn't know what happened to him after New Years Eve. No one told me. I was forced to go straight to school then have Amelia.
I didn't regret it. I loved her so much and was finally on a path in my life where I wasn't influenced by the Joker. But I wondered what things would be like if that never happened that night. There wasn't a day that went by when I didn't think about it.

Shortly after that, I was having a party thrown in my honour at a country club not too far from the campus. The club was a large,  mansion like building that sat on a large lake and inside the walls were cream and white furniture was all around. Everything was white from the flowers hanging around to the cloths on the tables, creating a peaceful atmosphere that made today seem all the more perfect.

My father invited many of his friends that were professors and doctors in the area. My mother had some of her business associates too. But among the family and friends, not one person ever thought I could be standing here with Amelia and have made it this far.

It's why I loved her so much.

She wasn't a reminder of the darkest part of my life. She was my hope at a better part of my life.

"Mommy, someone upstairs said they want to see you." Amelia said, tugging on my dress. I turned around, looking confused at the girl who had such a sweet smile on her face. "He says you'll be very excited to see him."

Looking around, I immediately thought it was Eric because I couldn't find him. A smile formed on my lips. It had to be him.

"Okay. Go find grandmom." I chuckled, kissing her forehead and finding my way out of the hall and into the small corridor. This mansion held old paintings and antiques that even I never heard of. It all looked so much different in contrast to the room my party was in.
But I took myself towards the grand staircase underneath a shining chandelier. I cautiously walked up the steps, looking and but it seemed like no one was up here. The only thing I could think of was the bathrooms but even those seemed empty.

"Eric?" I asked out loud,  standing in the middle of a hallway,  unsure of which door to choose.

"Hello Sophia."

I whipped around, my brain firing all different thoughts at once as the memory of that chilling voice was heard so clearly. But I wished I never turned around when I saw the face behind the voice. I was filled with shock and it was like color drained from my face. I wasn't sure what i was looking at but the sight made me sickly weak.

"Joker." I said, the words barely passing through my lips. Every bone in my body went painfully still and I could hardly find the will to breathe.
Joker wasn't the Joker. This wasn't the green haired,  ghastly looking monster. His big blue eyes looked a cunning as I remembered but the mess of his hair with the dark roots and nasty faded green were unfamiliar.

"Where's my daughter? I'd like to finally met her." Joker said.

But I couldn't move and the way my chest repetitively caves in to the bit of my stomach made me realize one thing:

My life was about to start all over again.

I couldn't resist. I had to bring him back. Unless it's a dream or memory or something but still, I just had to.
Now, I will be having a sequel written up.
Duh.
It's going to take some time though because I'm in the middle of two fan fics right now but I promise you I already have my ideas.

What I need from you guys is your unconditional support and feel free to drop some ideas of your own!

Recently, I hit a milestone with this story and reached 100k readers.
I can't express enough how much gratitude I have for those who have stuck with this story through all! Even my month gaps where I couldn't right, some of you were still back again.
You're all the best and I hope I can see you all in the sequel!

In the mean time, I have a Tom Riddle and Percival Graves fan fic for those who are interested in Harry Potter!

VOTE AND COMMENT