Chapter Thirty

I was woken up to pounding on the steel door soon before it was opened. 

"You have five minutes in the bathroom. There's products in the women's room so don't ask." a guard said. The one that I saw at first had five more waiting outside the door with him. My head ached from the lack of sleep I had last night. I did more thinking than sleeping and I was practically being shoved just to keep myself going. I only wanted to sleep. 
But once I entered the dirty, untouched bathroom I splashed some cold water on my face, threw on some deodorant, and used some old mouthwash that hopefully helped.  I then brushed my hair and carefully put it into a ponytail and made sure it covered all of my original hair color.

"Don't I get some breakfast?" I asked as I listened to my stomach growl. The guard in front of me came to an abrupt stop and turned around, backhanding me so fast that I couldn't even feel it for a second. I stopped moving, my head still turned and my cheek tingling. But the pain surfaced and I winced, biting my lip to keep the hot tears from rolling down my cheeks. I was shoved forward and kept walking. 
I was lead down a series of hallways that I tried to memorize. 
Right, left, left, and then a right to the Psychiatric Ward. This is where patients were analyzed and given treatment. But the severity of the treatment, the lower underground it took place. I was placed in handcuffs then I was pushed through the door. The room had only one window and was very small with a concrete floor and single table with three chairs. The walls were cylinder block and cold and I definitely did not want to be seated in here. 

A man and woman sat in the two chairs opposite of the one I was handcuffed to. 

"Hello." she greeted. I felt like she was a copy of Eric except she was brunette with blue eyes and perfect cheekbones. As Eric, she was tall and almost as thin as me. Her outfit was a simple business outfit but it was a bit more revealing than a normal psychiatrist should wear. A smug grin tugged on my lips as a thought came into my overtired mind. I was so tired and I was already locked up in here so I decided to speak my mind. 

"Are you trying to be the next Harley Quinn talking to some of these patients in that outfit?" I chuckled. 
Her eyes twitched and she forced a pleasant smile. I found it hilarious but kept it to myself.  Beside her, Eric looked at me with a frown and the most disappointed look I've ever seen on him. Oh, he was mad? Maybe he should get me out of here and this won't be so bad! 

"What would you like us to call you?" she asked. 
"I'm Erica and this is Eric." she said. I raised my eyebrows with a fake look of amusement. 
"Ooh, isn't that ironic? You can call me Princess. That's the one who's talking right now anyway." I shrugged. She was taking over and she was feeling quite bold on this lovely morning. 

"Well do you want to tell us about the other person?" Erica asked. I leaned back in my seat, crossing my legs as I looked up to pretend that I was thinking. 
"How about, no?" I asked. "Sound like a good idea?" 

Eric inhaled sharply, looking irritated. Deep down I wanted to see him snap. 

Let's just ask you some questions..." Erica murmured. 
They asked me simple questions like age and where I was from. I was the 23 year old from Gotham. No other information of my life was provided. Princess kept a tight lock on Sophia. I stared at Eric the entire time, regardless of who was talking. I missed him but I couldn't and therefore, I wouldn't. But in the back of my mind I was aware of the fact that we were sitting in a position I never thought I'd see us in.

"How long have you been working with the Joker?" she asked.
"Since August."
"Are you two in a relationship?" 
I shrugged, ignoring the impact that answer would have on both me and Eric. "Well if he shows up for me, then yes, probably."
"Have you killed anyone?"
"Mmhmmm." I hummed, crossing my arms. 
"Did you feel anything?" 
I thought for a moment and remembered the way the pain was subsided because of the Joker. He always had a little something to help ease my thoughts. 
"Not at all." I grinned.