Chapter Thirty Eight

|| Before I continue, I just want to simply apologize for my lazy updates and writing! You guys have been had so much support for me and I should equally support you guys with better quality writing. I'm at that point where I kind of just want to get the story over with because newer ideas have been coming to me and I'm really distracted with real life stuff. But I'm trying, guys. I haven't given up yet (: ||

"Don't worry, I'm only trespassing this time. Nothing more." I said, putting my hands up in defense towards Bruce who stood in his Batman attire. 

"Sophia, go back to the party or else this will get worse. Dozens of more SWAT teams will be storming the place any minute." he warned. I looked back at Jonathan who luckily decided to pull me out of the battle inside the warehouse. Looking around, I noticed that just beyond the fence was the short rocky cliff into the river. From the end of the dark river that was illuminated slightly with the bridge and the city it self, I could hear the engines of boats revving down the water. 

"I can help you get rid of these guys. They know who I am, they'll trust me when I pull them out here as if it's an escape." I suggested. 

"Why do you want to help the good guys?" Jonathan asked. I scoffed, turning on my heels with my arms crossed, baffled at his comment.
"Me? You're the one supplying my father with chemicals! I think it's a little more serious considering the mayor himself it utilizing a criminal as dangerous as you. You're nothing compared to the Joker or me as a matter of fact." I snapped. Looking around, the boats got closer to the land and I sighed, turning back to the Batman.

"Br--Batman, just let me help. Please. Joker's away and I need to do something right without him being here to screw me up." I said, being painfully honest to myself. 
"Go ahead." he hesitantly replied. "But if you get caught, I'm not saving you." I nodded and stepped through the cracked corner of the building once again. There were gun shots and punches hitting skin which was a pretty sickening sound when you heard it from all angles of the room. 

I rushed to a set of twin girls who were just double teaming one of the guards and with the knives in their hands, one held the guard and the other stabbed him. I sighed, cringing at the cries and the sight of blood. 

"Hey, get over here before you make a bigger mess!" I hissed, waving them towards the wall. 
They stared at me, dumbfounded, and I watched the look of realization hit their faces. I frowned and waved again. "Gosh, I'm not going to bite! Get out of here!" 
I watched them run past me without another look and through the crack. When I poked my head out, Batman swooped them up and I smiled. But was I really that intimidating to these people? 

I wanted this plan to go accordingly to my father's wishes because I owed it to my mother to have something go right for once and I couldn't do that as innocent Sophia. My pumpkin would be upset with me indeed but I could handle his consequences. I continued to lead some individuals out and I had almost reached ten. But when I turned back at around, a man jumped from the catwalk above and came right in my tracks. I easily recognized the orange and white combo from anywhere.

"Girl! What the hell are you doing?" Deadshot exclaimed. 

"Helping you guys. Now shut up and let me save the explanations for later!" I said, nodding at him and stepping forward. A guard had luckily shoved a slightly heavy, short man my way without even recognizing who I was. I took hold of him by the shoulders and yelled, "Get out!" after shoving him towards the corner where the criminals fell into my trap. 

I turned back around and the guard who had helped me now had a gun pointed at me. 

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa!" Deadshot shouted, putting his hands up in front of me. "As crazy as it seems, you're gonna let your buddies know she's helping us right now. Capeesh? Got it. Let's go."