Chapter Thirty One

That's Eric in the picture btw

The banging woke me up from the dream I was actually enjoying. I laid there for a moment, still recollecting the memories of it. I was with Eric, sitting at the dinner table with my parents and siblings as if nothing had happened. Kayla was there too. But then I got up and left, still feeling happy. I found myself walking into Joker's apartment and suddenly we were speeding down Main Street through Gotham. I was different. But I was still happy. 

The door unlocked and I didn't move from my position in the bed. I smiled to myself and had a good feeling about today. 

"What the hell did you do?" A man asked, moving up the plastic on his mask and revealed his appalled face. I looked down and my knuckles were bruised and bloody and sticky with the blood that did dry. My arms were bruised as well and I wondered what else was underneath the uniform.

"Jesus she's crazy." another murmured. "I think we got another Harley." he chuckled.

My nerves were struck and I spun around, my anger flaring unlike I've ever felt before. I turned around and my hands, regardless of the wounds I didn't really feel, lunged out towards him.
"I'm not like her!" I screamed. My hands clawing off his helmet and scratching at his face. They burned with pain but my impulsiveness had disregarded any of my senses and acted on my instinct to just attack. My arms snapped back and the two men at my side restrained me with their own bodies and I sunk, letting them carry my weight. I laughed at the man who tried to regain himself. His face was scratched and slightly bloody.

"My Joker will come for me. He never came for her! He doesn't love her like he loves me. He doesn't even love her!" I laughed. Using the only limbs that weren't held back, I kicked both of my feet and hoped that one would reach him. When his back collided with the wall, his unprotected head hit it too. But then I watched him pull out a small black remote looking object.

With the press of a button, something shot out and attached to my shirt and I knew what it was the second my body went painfully numb. My neck felt like it was on fire and the rest of my body hummed while little needles rapidly ran through it. My stomach, however, was the worst, clenching, burning pain I felt.

When I was relieved of the pain, my body relaxed but felt dreadful. I took deep breaths and doubled over, trying to clench my stomach. I felt awfully sick. Something just didn't feel right and it also didn't feel like it was going to stay down.

"Get her into a straight jacket." The man said.

---

My arms were uncomfortable wrapped around my sides. I have yet to see Eric today but I was requested for some more tests and I think I was getting a new cell. Buy for now, I was sitting with Erica who would give me some of tests but verbally.

"Good morning...?" Erica said, hanging off the sentence as she waited for my name.

"Sophia." I admitted, my own body too exhausted to lie. Erica looked surprised but I merely gave her a smug look and tried to keep my head up. My stomach ached and all of the cuts and bruises I gave myself were very prominent now.
I continued to sit there, struggling to keep my head up.

"Well good, we have a start." she sighed, going through her papers. The room was dark with only one window for light which helped. The table separating us wasn't long but long enough to keep me from hurting her.
"Sophia, I'm gonna ask you some questions, okay?"
I nodded.

"Have you ever woken up and not have any memory of the night before? I don't mean like a hangover or influence of drugs. I mean like have you ever committed a crime with the Joker that you don't remember doing?" she asked. I thought. For some reason my compliance was a little more accessible today and I just didn't care. I had nothing to fear anymore. I'd be leaving soon anyway I hope.