Chapter Twenty Eight

December 7, 2016
Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Day

I was greeted with morning sex at Joker's warm and cozy penthouse at the corner of Gotham City. I laid in bed for a moment, letting my body relax before I threw on a soft robe and followed him out into the kitchen where my coffee and half eaten bagel from an hour ago still sat on the counter.
"I could have that every morning." Joker said, his bare back like a sheet of paper in the light and the tattoos blacker than ink in contrast. His muscles became more prominent when he stretched and I nearly swooned.
I went to take a sip of my coffee and it was cold and my bagel wasn't as tasteful as it was before. My stomach wasn't in the mood either. I followed my pumpkin into the kitchen and opened his cabinets.
Drugs.
Prescriptions.
Sour patch kids.
Drugs.
"You truly are crazy. How can you eat these things?" I giggled, turning around to face him as he took some of the pills out of the prescription bottle. I was more familiar with this subtle one.
I walked over to him and opened my mouth. "Make me smile." I said. Joker took several of the little purple circles and while my tongue was hit with the air in the room, he dropped them on there in the form of a smiley face and I swallowed them all down. His red lips made a smile and he patted my cheek. I loved that walking on air feeling I had when I didn't have to play Sophia. I loved the thrill of our moments together. I loved being his princess.

"I don't want to be Sophia today." I pouted, looking up at his broad frame. But his multiple prescriptions kicked in and he rolled his neck and his eyes. 
"Oh, but you gotta play the part tonight." Joker said.
"I don't care." I shrugged. "I have the perfect opportunity to ruin a big night all on my own!"
Immediately, Joker grabbed my chin and pulled me to his face by the rest of my jaw. My excitement had dwindled and my nerves were on pause.
"You're gonna put on a smile and stand right next to your family tonight." Joker demanded.

I forced myself out of his hold and was hurt but I threw him an angry glare anyway.

"Whatever. I'll get changed and just see you tomorrow morning." I mumbled,turning around to head to his room. I grabbed my clothes and walked past him in the kitchen to get to my own walk in closet here. I hated ignoring him but I wasn't going to talk to him unless he apologized.
I searched through the dresses and picked out a classy grey dress that hugged my body all the way down to my knees and had a high neckline with a solid collar that gave it the impression of a turtle neck. I changed into it but of course, not without an alternative to wear when Princess came out for show. Underneath I had a black body con dress that looked almost like my grey one but didn't have sleeves and was shorter. I picked out a pair of black ankle boots with a three inch heel and I was now ready.

But on my way out, I picked out my thigh high boots with a corset like side and a fur coat that was almost longer than my dress.

When I exited the closet, Joker was standing there.
"Come here doll, let's sit and talk for a minute." Joker said with a underlying cynical tone, taking my hand and pulling me to the couch. I knew he wasn't intending on being sincere because there was still that growl in the back of his voice. I took a seat and put my belongings to the side, refusing to look into his eyes. Not until he apologized.

"I'm sorry, pumpkin." Joker said, sitting across from me on the coffee table. I only looked at him when both his hands rested on my knees. "There's a card sitting on the counter." Joker then moved from the table to his knees. "I want you to take it..." he trailed off, placing his lips on my knee. Then another kiss on the side.  "And go anywhere you'd like today..." By the time he could start his next sentence, his lips were at the middle of my inner thigh. I moved my legs further apart, his lips sending chills up my spine and making my lower abdomen ache. "Go make yourself look stunning for the cameras." Joker finished. When he lips finally reached the spot, my back arched and a gasp passed through my lips.