Chapter Thirty Four

December 16, 2016

Joker was leaving for the week. This is when all of the plans were supposed to go down. My dad has been in his office, barely coming out for dinner.
My mother was still in the hospital and my siblings and I continued to force all kinds of expression and emotions. But it wasn't just with my family, but with my pumpkin too.
I knew my withdrawal process while in Arkham was painfully agitating, I still haven't even had time to recover and not even Joker could influence me to get back into it right now.

I walked back into Joker's room, wearing my lingerie with a silk robe that just covered my butt. I didn't even feel like I was in my own skin but it still brought a smile to my face to see him peacefully lying there in his sweatpants with his hands behind his head.

When I sunk into the soft, comfortable bed beside him, his eyes opened but I was laying on my side facing him.
He rolled on his side and faced me, his hand resting on the curve of my hip.
"You don't seem all that...frazzled." Joker said, tilting his head slightly as he looked me up and down.
"You're saying I typically look like a scared cat after we have sex?" I smirked. Joker grinned and pulled me closer to him so suddenly that I nearly rolled over.
"What I am saying as that you don't seem happy. Not having fun no more, doll?" he asked.

I sighed. I was happy. I was just...having a hard time.

"No, pumpkin." I smiled over the words I wanted to say. I wanted to tell him I wasn't sure if I had the stamina to keep all of this going. My heart was there but physically, I was exhausted. Or maybe it was the other way around?
"I'm just gonna miss you." I relaxed and rested my head on his head chest. My leg slid over his and my free hand moved up to his chest where I began tracing the black ink. I truly was going to miss him. I don't even remember the last week we've gone without each other.

Joker abruptly snatched my hand and he held it, but not tightly.

"You don't leave your house when they pull out the big guns this week." Joker said, sounding more serious than I've ever heard him. "If something happens, it won't be as easy as getting you out of Arkham." I sighed. I knew my father wanted to send us out of Gotham in a few days. He's been so secretive about it all but little did he know, I already knew more details. Deadshot already told me it's on the twentieth but I didn't understand why he had to leave now. Couldn't he stay another day.

"I know. I think I'm leaving in a few days with my family. My dad will stay of course." I said, sitting up so that I could sit above his lower abdomen. Feeling every curve and structure brightened my mood a little bit and I started to move back and forth. Joker's silver smile appeared right away and it made me happy to see that.

"There's my girl." Joker grinned, his hands sitting on my hips. He squeezed them more and more as he moved me back and forth. My urge became stronger and I wanted him now.

"One more time before I go?" he asked.
I nodded and leaned down, meeting his lips half way as he sat up and wrapped his arms around me. It was the way he held me that made all of the broken pieces come back together a little bit more. He pulled my shirt over my head and my body was pulled back against his warm skin. Our lips moved against each other like magnets that couldn't be pulled apart. But I was too eager for the best part and I pushed him back down on the bed. He looked surprised.

"Let's make this the best." I said, undoing his buckle and lowering his pants.

Then the rest was history.

---

The rest of the morning continued and I left, knowing that by next week he'd be back. It took a lot of self-assuring processes in my head before I could actually leave and be at least seventy five percent certain that everything would be fine. But when am I not mentally preparing myself for the most exaggerated situations?