Chapter 3

Kennedi Marie POV
"Aye you not cold?" Nathaniel caught up to me. "Yeah but right now I can careless what am I" I said and he unzipped his Polo sweater and gave it to me. My nose instantly got filled with the smell of Ralph Lauren cologne. "But now you're going to freeze" I said zipping up his big sweater. "Its already zipped up. I can't do that to you ma. Now tell me why you was flying down the block?" He chuckled a little. "My father is so annoying. All he does is bitch and bicker" I sucked my teeth. "What you're a bad girl?" He asked me. "Do I look like one?" I sucked my teeth. "Yo your attitude is crazy ma... But I find that shit cute" he smirked. I unzipped his sweater and tossed it at him. Nathaniel looked at me confused but I didn't care, I just started speed walking and he grabbed my arm. "What was that about?!" He asked me. "I don't need you to offer me your sweater and expect something out of me. Like my name isn't ma it's Kennedi and I'm pretty sure you know that!" I snapped and pulled away from him. Nathaniel smirked and wrapped his sweater back around me. "Stop" I said but he was already zipping it up. "No you stop. Stop fronting like ya ass not cold. You should see your nose" he chuckled. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms. "Why are you outside?" I asked him. "Its money to be made but come on let me take you home before we both freeze to death" he chuckled. I stood there grilling him and he laughed. Nathaniel really must find me amusing like a TV show or a stand up comedy. That's all he does is laugh around me! With his laugh being contagious I began to laugh, for no reason. "You don't be with nothing, but that's on my life I got you ma--- I mean Kennedi" he said with his hands in the air. I squinted at Nathaniel but then walked with him because his nose was already cherry red. "Ladies first" he spoke holding the door for me. "Thank you" I mumbled and got inside then unlocked his side for him. "Good looking" he said and started shivering from the cold. I felt bad but I didn't notice how long I must've been staring at him, until he laughed. "What's on my face?" He asked still trying to warm up. "Here you can have your sweater" I said unzipping it. "Naaah that's all you ma. Damn a nigga stink or something? You steady trying to pass me back my sweater" he laughed. "No I just figured you can warm up faster and it actually smells real good" I mumbled then looked out of the window. "Thank you and awww I'm blushing" Nathaniel teased me. I looked his way and rolled my eyes then looked back out of the window. "Baby girl life isn't all about that stubborn ass attitude you got" he said killing the engine. Damn I didn't even walk that far away from my house, but with it being twenty three degrees outside with a snow storm approaching. I see why we were both freezing cold. "Never said it was but thanks for the car ride" I said and he nodded his head. "You cool out smart mouth" he said and I rested my head back covering my eyes. "You know you could stay in the car with me if you want to?" He suggested and I just sat there quiet. "Is there a Escalade outside?" I asked him. He rolled his windows out and poked his head out real quick. "Nah its mainly BMW's and other small cars" he said rolling his window back up. "Thanks, make sure you get home safe and stay out of this cold" I said and got out of the car. Knowing Nathaniel was going to say something I just ran inside of my warm house. My mom was sitting in the kitchen with her tea and napkins. She always act like she have to choose between us. When she clearly don't ! I can easily ignore that fuck boy !! "Ma, stop crying. This has nothing to do with you and I'll try my best to ignore him" I said walking into the kitchen. I was actually starving now ! "Okay and I'll talk to him as well" she said and continued to wipe her face. "That'll be helpful and good luck with that" I sighed then put my food in the microwave. "Yes child I'll need it but I'll be right back" she said putting on her coat. She's going to get my dad; I already know that. "Its snowing outside heavy" I said and sat down at the table. "Really? Fine I'll put on my Uggs" my mom said then left the house. Hearing my phone constantly ring I looked around the whole kitchen until I seen it on the floor. Please don't be cracked, please. Closing my eyes as I felt pieces fall into my hand, I quickly opened my eyes thinking that was the front screen. But thank god it wasn't, yet it was Eric's custom made case. Getting mad all over again I snatched my food and went to my room. It was De'Asia calling me, so I called her back.