Chapter 9

Kennedi Marie POV
"Damn it's Friday again?" Mariah asked as we were leaving school. "Yes thank god!" De'Asia cheered making us laugh at her. "Right I did need a break. I'm tired of Emily running from me" I sighed rolling my eyes. "Well you did give her a mini ass whooping. I would be scared if I was her too" De'Asia laughed at me. "So what? Does that mean Kilo need one too?" I asked growing tired of him as well. Yes he let me go at the party, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to leave me alone for good. "I think so... Or you should give him a chance" Mariah smirked. "Nah I washed my hands with him" I said shaking my head. "Why?!" They both yelled at me. "Um maybe because ya know I don't do the girl drama and that's what he caused. I mean I'm not scared of nobody, but like Nathaniel said all that fighting is played out" I shrugged rolling my eyes. Not at them but at the situation. Kilo was cool and all but I didn't see a future between us anyways. "Nathaniel huh? Why he let you call him that?" De'Asia smirked as we crossed the street. "Um maybe because that's his name" I shrugged and looked at her weirdly. "But to the hood he's Casper" she said. Do she listen to herself when she talks sometimes ? To the hood, do I look like somebody's hood ? I don't even live near the "hood". She tried it. "Do I look like the hood?" I asked taking a seat by the bus stop. "Damn I'm just saying!" She laughed popping my thigh. I laughed and popped her thick thighs right back. "That hurt!" She whined as I laughed and unlocked my phone. "Let's take a picture. Come sit closer Riah" I said then stuck out my tongue. "Why?" Mariah frowned in confusion. "Girl just pose!" I said so she leaned closer. Taking the picture De'Asia covered my face. "Ass!" I laughed at her. But the picture still well sorta came out cute. "I'm posting this" I snickered seeing De'Asia looking extra awkward. "Wait what?! No let me see!" She whined trying snatching my phone away. "No!" I laughed tugging away from her. We started laughing as Janet approached us. "Um Emily is looking for you" she said out of breath. "Where she at?" I asked. "Why?" De'Asia and Mariah asked hopping up. "I'm not going to her, tell her to come over here" I said and Janet nodded her head then walked away. "She wants to fight now?" Mariah laughed shaking her head. "I guess so" I shrugged and De'Asia pulled out her mace. "I'm just trying to finish off my Senior year cool and fun, but everybody have to act up. Why?" She spoke to herself. Mariah and I looked at each other then burst out laughing. "It's cool when she actually come up to me then you'll have your mace out until then.... We getting on this bus" I shrugged standing up as the bus slowly approached us. But here also came Emily with her minions and a crowd behind her. "You see? Now we can fight" I said dropping my bag back down on the seat. It's so funny how today I happened to be wearing a pair of sweats and also had two braids. "Who toughened you up sweetie?!" I smiled opening my arms to Emily. "What? Fight me bitch!" She spat and passed her friend her bag. I laughed and blew her a kiss. "Which friend gave her heart? Who was the wizard?" I snickered making some of them laugh at me. "You think I'm laughing?" Emily asked stepping closer to me. As soon as she got in my reach I snatched her up and flipped her right on her back. "Now kiss my fucking shoe!" I yelled and went to kick her in the mouth but got lifted off the ground. "What the hell?!" I yelled twisting and turning until I smelled his familiar Polo cologne. He put me down and blocked me off. "Really Nathaniel?" I sighed stomping my feet. "Yes. What did I just tell you the other day?" He stared at me. "I'm not answering you, you're not my dad" I laughed shaking my head. He was too calm to be serious so I took him as a joke. Until he grabbed me up against the wall. "What did I say the other day?" He asked through gritted teeth. "Get off of me!" I yelled trying to break free but we were too busy mugging each other. "You coming home with me" he said. "I'm not" I said. "Aight bet" he shrugged and picked me up over his shoulders and walked over to the bus then grabbed my bag. "Come on you two" Nathaniel called after De'Asia and Mariah. They just followed behind him like his pets. Pitiful. Once he put me down he's going to hear my mouth. We got to his car and the boys from the other night was surrounded by Nathaniel's car. They all laughed at his goofy ass. "Yo what you doing boy?" The Trey boy asked laughing at us. He put me down and unlocked his car. "She's going to end up in jail with her crazy ass man. Meet me on the block, I'm taking them home" he said shaking his head and we all got in the car. By him slamming the door I knew he had a little attitude on him. Which was like the third time I actually seen this, but he wasn't goofing off at all. "Really?" I mugged him. "Not right now Kennedi" he said starting his car up. "No now Nathaniel! Why do you care for me so much?! We're just friends!" I snapped at him. He just ignored me and pulled away from the curb and started driving straight two blocks before making a right. I shook my head and leaned back. No seriously why was he caring for me so much ?