Chapter 23

Kennedi Marie POV
"So you're not trying to accept my apology at all?" Messiah sighed as we stood in front of my door. I rolled my eyes annoyed with him begging me to take him back. He's been texting and calling me all day, even when I was in school. He was slowly annoying me and all I wanted was a break from him. "For right now? No. Messiah you slapped me for talking back to you like who do you really think you are?" I asked him while tilting my head to the side. "But I - and I cut him off. "Don't want to hear it Messiah. I really don't" I rolled my eyes and went to go walk back inside of my house, but he grabbed me. "Stop fucking playing with me Kennedi!" He yelled in my face. "No you better stop playing and let me the hell go!" I snapped as I tried snatching myself away, but he had a good grip on my sweater. "Aight this how you want to play? Aight" Messiah let me go and I stumbled back some. "Dick" I scoffed and slammed my door. "I'm guessing that was Messiah?" Mariah raised her eye brow up at me. "Yes" I sighed fixing my now wrinkled sweater. "I guess he really likes him some Kennedi, but all that hand movement have to be put to a end before I put that nigga to a end" She smiled making me laugh at her and shake my head. "I'm serious and where's De'Asia? She been was supposed to come over so ya can talk this out. Being that both of your stubborn asses left me all alone in the cafeteria today" Mariah squinted at me. "Sorry Riah, I really just didn't feel like dealing with her or Nathaniel" I rolled my eyes and sat on my couch. "Wait you didn't tell me that you guys are fighting too?!" She gasped with bugged eyes. "Yeah he said I'm faking my sadness or whatever his smart ass mouth said" I shrugged while rolling my eyes. "Wow really? This is crazy. Do you want to take Messiah back? I mean you could tell me the truth, there's no judgment here" Mariah said with her hands up. I sighed and shook my head 'no'. I haven't really thought about it, but now that he still managed to snap on me even with me being mad at him let me know to just leave him alone. If he did it before, I'm pretty sure he'll do it again. "So you guys are officially done?" She stared at me. "Yes that boy is abusive" I sighed and closed my eyes. I shouldn't have let my guard down so quick. "Wake me up when De'Asia come" I said before walking towards the stairs. Yes I was mad at her, but doesn't that mean I never want to be her best friend again. Even though she should've kept quiet like I told her to, at the end of the day she was caring about me.

"Ken get up!" Mariah whined. I rolled over and looked up at her and De'Asia standing over me. "What?" I groaned. "Dede is here and ya heffas need to talk it out already so we can go out tonight" Mariah said crossing her arms at me. De'Asia and I both looked each other's way then rolled our eyes at each other. "Snitch" I mumbled. "Idiot" She smirked. I sat up and rolled my eyes once more. "Slut" We both spoke and started laughing. And that's how we forgive each other. "Wait what?" Mariah asked mugging us both. "We're cool again, but when I say shut up that means to shut up. I had this all of under control" I said before throwing the covers off my legs and stood up to hug De'Asia. "Well I wanted his ass beat, but sorry boo" She frowned as we hugged. "Its okay and besides Messiah crazy ass blew his chance" I said walking over to my closet. "How?!" De'Asia asked me. "He came here thinking he was about to be my baby again by some dry ass apology" I said rolling my eyes like if they could see my facial expression. "About going out though, where are we going?" I looked back them. "Not yet thotty! But we're going to the lounge tonight. I know its Monday, but still we all need a drink or two in our life right now" Mariah dramatically spoke making both De'Asia and I laugh at her dramatic ass. "We could go, but don't make it seem like we're stuck in Sex in the city" I laughed grabbing my black bombers jacket and my black Nine's. I'll put together the rest when its time to get dolled up. "Ohhh that's cute!" De'Asia cooed
"Thanks I just got it when Messiah and I went shopping" I smiled then went and sat back down on my bed. "Yeah that's cute, but if you don't mind me asking. You don't think he snapped just a little too early in your relationship?" She asked tilting her head. No I didn't mind at all that she was asking about Messiah, one because we weren't deep in love and two I'm the one who broke up with him. "Yeah but that's the thing, he thought I was going to fall for that bullshit sorry. I won't give him another chance to say it was a accident or him bringing cheap ass flowers for my forgiveness. Abusive relationships are serious and I won't be in that" I shook my head and sighed. I could never see myself playing weak just to be with someone. Won't be happening. "Give me a hug! Thank god for your stubborn ways!!" De'Asia squealed rushing towards me. I laughed as she wrapped her arms tightly around me. "Move you so silly!" I laughed as she let me go. "No I swear I'm so happy that you think the way that you do" De'Asia sniffle. I looked up at her wet face, she was seriously crying ! "Thanks and stop crying" I giggled and we hugged again.