Chapter 15

Kennedi Marie POV
Rubbing lotion up and down on my thighs as I got ready for school. My iHome was playing and Missing you by Faith Evans was playing. Fighting back my tears I put on my socks then sat on my bed as I pulled my gray sweater dress over my head and pushed my arms through the sleeves. I fixed my dress a little then put on my Michael Kors gray knee high boots and then put on my white long fur vest. "Kennedi?" My mom checked on me. "Yes?" I asked brushing my hair into a neat bun. "Oh no I was seeing if you were awake" she smiled at me. "Yeah I am" I sighed and put on my silver earrings then my sliver bracelets to match. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" She stepped into my room. "It's Eric's birthday today" I mumbled while rubbing my lip gloss on my lips. "Awh baby would you like a home made lemon and chocolate cake when you get home?" She pouted while I grabbed my Michael Kors bag and my phone. I was draped in Michael today. "No it's okay, I'm going to hang with Ms. Amelia today. She asked me since last night, but thank you" I halfway smiled and we both walked downstairs. "Where's your coat?" My dad asked sipping on his coffee. I just ignored him by unlocking my phone and sat on the couch. "Can you just come on? I don't want to be late" I mumbled rolling my eyes. "You better watch that mouth before your smart ass be walking" He said walking away. "Fine. I will, later mommy" I called out to her then left and flagged a cab down. He really thought I was going to wait for him to ruin my happy mood ? Well he needs to think again. Closing the door of the cab I told him my school's address.

Stepping out of the cab I seen De'Asia and Mariah walking inside of the school. "Wait for me!" I called after them. They both turned around and their mouths dropped. "Damn Ken! What's all this about and where's your coat?!" De'Asia smirked as I finally caught up to them. "You know I always dress up for Eric's birthday and thanks" I smiled as I hugged them both. "Okay so now where's your coat?" Mariah raised her eye brow up at me. "Say I look cute first at least" I playfully mugged her. "By all the stares you're receiving you know you look like that bitch" Mariah smiled at me. "Thank you" I giggled. "And my coat is in my closet cause Nathaniel live across the street from Eric's house so I asked can he drop me off today" I said. Mariah started smirking and squinted at me. "This isn't for Eric you little filth, that's alllll for Casper!" She gasped spinning me around. "It's not!" I laughed and shook my head. "Mhm" De'Asia smirked. "Whatever I have to get to class and you might want to cover up that hickey Mrs. Moore" I said then started walking away from them. "I told you it's visible!" Mariah laughed at De'Asia. "Aye Ken when are you going to let Casp do that to you?!" De'Asia yelled as eyes fell on me. "Do what?" Nathaniel asked touching both sides of my arms and looked at me. "Nothing, don't listen to her" I said as they laughed in amusement. He laughed and shook his head. "Come on and by the way you look pretty Ken" He looked me over again. "Thanks, it's Eric's birthday" I smiled as we walked into class together. "Yeah I seen your post today. Shit was deep" Nathaniel nodded and sat down. "Thanks I miss him so much" I pouted and was about to cover my face to cry but Nathaniel pulled me into a hug. "I really do Nathaniel, I really miss him" I whined trying my hardest not cry. "Come on we out then" He said standing up grabbing my hand. "What? Where?" I asked wiping my falling tears. "We could leave, just come on" He said pulling me that I was standing up now. I picked my bag back up. "I'm okay. We can stay" I sighed really not wanting to leave. "Nah let's go cool out big head, you look way too pretty to be moping baby girl" Nathaniel said. "Fine" I mumbled and we left the class then the school. We hopped back into his car and I put on my seat belt. "Where are we going?" I asked him feeling jittery now that we I was actually cutting school for the first time. "To IHOP first a nigga is starving" Nathaniel smirked and pulled out of the parking. "I am too I left my house early cause I didn't feel like arguing with my dad" I rolled my eyes. "Ya need to do something about ya beef K, cause I wish I could have my father around to even at least speak to me and I don't have him. While as you have a dad and ya can't stay in the same room as each other for more than five minutes" Nathaniel suggested. I sucked my teeth and sat back in the chair. "You know it's him!". "Okay but you have to try working on it too K" he said stopping at a red light. "Mhm Nathaniel" I rolled my eyes and looked out of the window. He wants me to bond with my dad again, but little did he know my dad always gave me his ass to kiss when I wanted to cry about Eric. And I always constantly tells him this shit, with this big headed ass. "Yo" Nathaniel tapped my thigh. "What?" I snapped. "Calm all that heat down from over there, but I didn't mean to get you upset big head okay? I'm just saying at least try" He said. "But I've been trying ever since Eric's death and all he does is bashes me" I cried. I'm such a cry baby around Nathaniel and I've noticed that.