Chapter 37~ Over-reacting

Chapter 37~

I sat in the chair staring at Mason sleeping in the hospital bed. He hasn't woken up.

He hasn't moved.

He hasn't done anything.

If it wasn't for the rising and falling of his chest I would've believed he was dead. I felt a blanket go around me making me look up and Evan smiled sadly at me. "You should go clean up and get some sleep" he said and I shook my head. "I can't leave him" I whispered looking back at Mason, "can you tell me what exactly happened?" He asked bending down in front of me making me look at him.

"It came out of nowhere" I whispered hugging the blanket around me. "What did?" He whispered Frowning.

I shook my head thinking of the creature in the forest "it was a woman... Or at least I think it was. She sounded like an ordinary woman who was lost and scared.." I whispered looking down at the dry blood all over my hands.

Evan looked at my hands and stood up going into the bathroom then coming back out with a wet cloth. He bent down cleaning my hands and I stared at Mason sleeping.

"Tell me everything you saw" Evan said softly snd I closed my eyes letting the tears roll down my cheeks...

*****
2 days earlier ~

I laid in bed staring out at the window watching the curtains flow gently with the cool breeze.

I had been awake for a few hours but I couldn't move. Mason was holding me tightly to him not wanting to let me go as much as I struggled.

He reminded me of a baby hugging its teddy bear after a long session of crying his eyes out.

I was his teddy bear.

I sighed rubbing his arm tracing the lines of his veins making him sigh. He kissed my shoulder nuzzling his face in my neck pulling me closer and slowly slipped his hand under my shirt putting his palm over my stomach.

He sighed softly rubbing my stomach and I bit my lip thinking about what Jace said. He still wants kids.

'Of course he would' Sarafina said

If we ever do have a pup do you know how much of a target it'll be?

You heard what Hopkins said...

'Yeah but Hopkins won't be around for long-'

That's not the point. He's not the only one. There could be others and if they find out that my pup would be a white wolf with alpha blood...

God knows what they'll do.
And I don't want our pup to live like that...

'We'll figure something out' she smiled sadly and I sighed putting my hand on Mason's. He sighed wrapping both arms around me pulling me closer practically putting me under him. I grumbled laying there being surrounded by him, he sighed in my hair putting his leg over mines snoring softly.

Okay.

This is getting too much. His body heat is burning me up.

"Mason" I said touching his arm and he frowned shaking his head. "Mason it's hot" I whispered and he put his face in my neck making me growl.

"Mason!"

He moaned softly pulling my back against his front and I blushed feeling something poking my butt making Sarafina grin wiggling her eyebrows.

I laid on my back struggling to get his arms off me and rolled my eyes as his hand was on my breast cupping my boob.

I slapped his cheek lightly making him jerk, he slowly opened his eyes frowning and looked around sleepily.