Chapter 48~ It's for the best

Chapter 48~ it's for the best

  I laid in bed staring at Mason whom was sound asleep snoring softly. He frowned wrapping his arm around my waist and I moved his brown hair away from his face softly caressing his stubbled chin.

He sighed deeply opening his eyes and blinked looking at me grinning sleepily making me smile. "Morning" he said hoarsely, "good morning" I whispered staring at him as he stretched moaning and yawned.

He turned over wrapping his arms around me kissing my chin, "I'm surprised you're still in bed and not outside in the backyard" he said putting his head on my chest wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I didn't really get much sleep" I sighed stroking his hair, "did you at least try?" He asked with his eyes closed. I looked at the ceiling biting my lip, he sighed sitting up on his elbows looking down at me.

"You okay?" He asked frowning

"Yeah. Why?" I asked moving his hair "you seem...sad" he frowned. "I'm fine. Just tired" I said sitting up stretching, he laid on his back sighing and grabbed me laying me back down. "Let's just lay in bed all day" he mumbled putting his face in my neck, he laid me down kissing my neck grinning.

There was a knock on the door making him groan, "will we ever get some privacy?" He muttered kissing my shoulder and stood up stretching.

I bit my lip laying on my side with my back to the door thinking about tonight...

Tonight is the night I'll leave...

It's for the best. No one will get hurt anymore.

'Mason would...' Sarafina muttered looking down making me hug my pillow. I blinked away the tears thinking about Mason's pain...

'Stay' Sarafina whispered making me close my eyes.

I can't...

****
Evan's p.o.v

  I held Scott in my arms walking downstairs where people were still laying on the beds and floors. The pack doctors trying their best to help and heal them.

I sighed looking at their faces seeing the pain and despair in their eyes. I walked into the kitchen seeing Mason talking with the cooks "just make sure there's enough for everyone. If you need to get more groceries just tell me and I'll send people to help" he said

"Yes Alpha" the nodded getting to work, he sighed running his fingers through his hair and looked at me. "How are things?" I asked quietly, "there were 2 more deaths this morning. Wolfsbane poisoning" he muttered making me shake my head.

"Reynolds called out to other doctors for help and they're on the way here right now" he said looking at all the people. "How's Derek?"

"Going insane" he muttered

I don't blame him.

I looked outside seeing Jordyn sitting by herself staring at everyone inside. "She's been off today" Mason mumbled making me look at him. "Her emotions... They're just sad and in pain... She won't let me help her. She won't tell me what's wrong" he said with a pained expression.

"The pack she was raised by was just attacked... Her brother was captured. It's okay for her to feel like this" I said and he sighed looking down. "She'll be okay" I said

"I hope so. I just wish she'd let me help her" he said looking at her. "Want me to talk to her?" I asked and he just shrugged looking at everyone.

"take him" I said holding Scott out and he tensed "I'm not holding him" he said wide eyed. "He won't do anything. Just hold him" I said and he hesitantly grabbed him holding him at arms length staring at him with an uncomfortable expression.