Chapter 39~

Chapter 39~

It's been almost a week since We've been attack. Almost a week since Mason's opened his eyes.

Almost a week since I've heard his voice. Since I've felt the Sparks...

I miss him.

He's so close yet so far and we don't know what to do. Reynolds has done many tests but Mason seems to be completely healthy. No poison. Nothing.

He's been working day and night reading different books and looking up tests to do to find out what is wrong with Mason but he always come up empty.

I told him about the shapeshifter. Just from what I saw. I hoped it would make things easier but turns out it made him more confused.

I haven't left my spot at all... Well other than when Ms. Glenda and Evan forced me into the shower and practically force fed me.

I felt hopeless.

I wanted to do something.

I wanted Mason back.

I felt so weak, I had no energy without him around. I was just... There.

"Luna?" I heard a soft voice making me close my eyes "I'm not hungry" I mumbled sitting there with my head on Mason's chest holding his hand.

"There's someone here to see you" Ms. Glenda said "I don't want to see anyone" I mumbled in a monotone voice. "I think you'd want to see them" she said

"I said I don't want to see anyone!" I said sternly glaring at her. She bowed her head and sighed walking out closing the door.

Great. Now I'm a bitch...

I closed my eyes putting my head back on Mason's chest sighing. I stared at his face laying there and heard the door open again making me clench my fist.

"Cookie Monster?" I heard and froze..

Daddy.

Daddy is here.

I opened my eyes feeling my eyes water making my vision blurry, I sat up straight looking in the doorway seeing Daddy standing there with a sad expression.

My lip quivered looking at him and he closed the door behind him "Daddy!" I sobbed standing up and he walked to me hugging me tightly.

I squeezed his shirt in my fists sobbing loudly as he stroked my hair "shh. It's okay. It's okay baby" he said holding me "it's all my fault" I cried

"No it's not. It's not your fault okay?" He said and I shook my head crying. He walked to the small couch sitting down and pulled me in his arms. I laid across his lap holding on to him tightly never wanting to let go

"Dad" I whimpered feeling the pain in my stomach.

"I'm here" he whispered kissing my forehead "he's in so much pain" I whispered making him sigh. He tightened his grip around me and I stared at Mason holding dad's arm tightly.

***
Evan's p.o.v

I opened the door quietly and looked in the room at Mason still in bed making me sigh. I looked around seeing Daniel holding Jordyn, I sighed in relief as she was sleeping in his arms holding on to him tightly.

He looked up seeing me as I walked in, "she just fell asleep" he said stroking her hair softly. "Good. She hasn't slept in so long" I said making him sigh, "she's blaming herself" he said shaking his head.

"I know. That's all she's been saying for this whole week" I said walking to Mason's body. "She still feels his pain... That's a good sign right?" He asked.