Chapter 3 : avoidance ~

Chapter 3: avoidance

I walked in the kitchen seeing Emma sitting there playing with her food in deep thought. I silently stood there going to the table as she frowned to herself.

Should I talk to her?

"Emma is it?" I said making her snap out of her thoughts blinking, she looked at me blinking rapidly in confusion as if she didn't remember where she was.

"Oh. Hi" she said smiling softly looking at me

"I'm Jor-",

"I know who you are" she smiled and I grabbed an orange quietly "are you alright?" I asked and she sighed deeply.

"Xavier is my mate" she said resting her chin on her hands and I chuckled "I know" I said nodding, she bit her lip. "That means... I'm going to be a luna" she said and I nodded.

"I can't be a Luna. I'm too weak" she said and I shook my head "you are not weak. And you don't need to be strong to be a luna. You just need to make right decisions and care for the pack" I said peeling my orange.

"Wait. It's been like 3 days since you found out... Right?" I said and she nodded "you haven't accepted him yet?" I asked and she bit her lip shaking her head.

"No" she whispered and I sighed, I went to say something when the door busted open loudly making us jump "Jordyn!!" Xavier yelled loudly walking to me doing a small dance.

I looked at Emma and she bit her lip smiling, "what is wrong with you?" I chuckled looking at him. "Are you doing anything right now!?" He asked wide eyed and I raised an eyebrow as his pupils looked dilated.

"You overdosed on candy didn't you?" I asked and he grinned "maybe. Come on! I wanna go running" he said jumping up and down "so go" I chuckled peeling my orange and he whined poking my side making me wince as he hit my rib. I slapped his arm hard making him hiss "that hurt!" I said and he just growled at me.

Emma giggled biting her lip and he looked at her and his eyes widened at her smile, "Hey" he grinned at her and I smirked seeing her blush, "Hi" she mumbled. "Do you run?" He asked wide eyed making her bite her lip "of course she does" I said making her look at me wide eyed.

"Wanna run with me?" He asked and she looked at him blushing, "um.." She mumbled and I stood behind Xavier giving her a thumbs up.

'Go' I mouthed and she blushed looking at him "s-sure" she said making him smile widely "perfect" he grinned making her blush.

She looked at me wide eyed and I smiled "have fun you two" I sang walking out leaving them alone.

She seems pretty nice.

                                   ***

I sat on my bed looking on my laptop humming when I heard a knock on the door. I looked up at the door then at my clock seeing it was almost midnight making me frown. " uh Come in" I said and the door opened quickly.

"I can't go" Emma said standing there wide eyed dressed in her workout clothes making me smile, "and why not?" I asked.

"Uh... I- I... I look stupid when I run " she said thinking of excuses making me roll my eyes "so does he" I chuckled and she walked to the bed biting her lip, "can you come?" She asked making me tense.

"Emma I... I don't think I should... I can't-"

"Please. I'm so nervous to be alone with him" she said folding her hands together biting her lip.

"I can't.." I mumbled.

"It won't be awkward. I know you and him were in love but... I just don't know what to do" she said pleading eyes.