Saved by an enemy

Pen's POV:
The teacher finally left and everyone got to opening their math study books. I looked over at pencil, who was busy flipping around to find our current study page. I reached in my desk to get my math study book. But--- it WASNT there?! I thought I had put it in there when I got to the desk! Oh no. I'll be in detention for sure. "Everyone, we will be taking turns reading this chapter. Match, please read from paragraph 1."
The teacher explained. Phew! At least I wasn't picked. Maybe I can make it out of this class alive! Meanwhile, Match started reading. "Angles are the space in beetween two fragments, or, rather, the way you view something. For example, a 90 degree angle, also known as a right angle, is where two straight line fragments meet in an L shape. An obtuse angle is an occurrence where the space in beetween these two fragments is larger than a 90 degree angle (L). And an Acute angle would be less." The teacher smiled. "Thank you, Match. Now, next to read is.... Pen."

Pencil's POV:
I looked over at Pen. He looked like he was about to freak out. There was nothing on his desk. "Uh..." He stuttered. "Pen! I see that you have no study book with you. This is the second time you have disrespected me today. You'd better have a textbook to share or you have DETENTION!!" The teacher yelled. Pen gulped and frantically looked around. He looked at me. Then he looked at Ice cube, the seat in front of him. "Ice Cube, could I share your study book?" He asked. "Sorry Pen, I would, but if you borrowed it, I wouldn't be able to see it, because I'm in front of you." Pen flinched for two seconds. Then he turned to Snow Ball, on the other side of him. "Could we share?" He asked. "Um.. I don't have mine either.." He laughed nervously. The teacher stared at him, giving a look that said, Dont think that you're getting away with this! I sighed. I knew I would regret it, but.. "Pen, you can share my textbook." I sighed. He looked relieved. "T-Thanks." He muttered. "You're welcome.." I replied. He started to read the second paragraph. The teacher sighed and picked Leafy to read the last paragraph. After that, we got to work on the practice questions. I borrowed a ruler from Pen and he borrowed a protractor from me. We somehow ended up laughing and joking to each other like close friends. But as soon as we walked out of class, he ran away to his locker, and the dismissal bell rang. He made a quick exit. That was weird. I don't know why and how that happened!

Pen's POV:
Wow. Were we just best friends? I can't believe she saved me from having a detention! But why? That was very, very unexpecting of her. Maybe we could be friends. I hid a smile on my face. Maybe one day even more... I thought. Wait, what?! No. I'm probably jerking off again. We'll be acquaintances. That's it. Better safe than sorry. Around that sly, mean, person, I need to be careful. Not to mention sexy. Yep, I'm definitely jerking off again. Whatever. It'll wear off. For now, I've got to get home.