Hinting (Dates?)

Icy's POV:
Hmm. I will be prom queen. But the first step is to get Pen to ask me to Prom. I'm sure he heard about Prom. If he didn't yet, I'll inform him about it. He was in his art class though, and I was in Geography. Class will be over in a few minutes. I can't wait! I can just see it now... Clapping, cooing, and comments. Surrounding me. Blocky walks up to me and apologizes. We kiss and walk off into the beautiful, romantic sunset. Or moonlight. Depends. However, I get my happy ending! Wait, did I forget someone? Pen? Oh, wait, who is he again? HAHAHAHAHA!

  "Miss Freeze?" The teacher asked. "Whoa! Huh?!" I asked, snapping out of a dreamy state. "What is the answer to the question I just asked?" She raised an eyebrow. I started to sweat. "Uhhh..." I started. The whole class was looking at me and blinking, waiting for an answer. The teacher was tapping her foot impatiently. I think she said something about "war". So I said the first thing that came to mind. "Remember the veterans?" I guessed absentmindedly. The class roared in laughter. "No! That was WAY off-topic. Obviously you weren't paying attention. I asked you what year the great fire started. It might be near the ending of school, but that is NO excuse. Detention for you after school!" I gulped. The class was still giggling. Great. The opposite of what I wanted. But finally the bell ring and we had to get our stuff and leave home. At least for other students. I guess I only have minimal time to talk to Pen.

Pen's POV:
I waited outside of the Social Studies class for Ice Cube. Everyone walked out. But she wasn't there. I looked inside. There she was, talking to the teacher about something. When she saw me, she walked out. "Aw, Pen, waiting for me? That is so sweet!" She smiled. I nervously smiled back, weak in her loving presence. I guess it was meant to be us after all. She pecked me on the lips. I've never felt a truer love. She has got to be the one that truly loves me. Unlike Pencil. She made everything hard. She even rejected me when I tried to kiss her that one night. Sigh. Everything was a bit better before. I still remember that night we barely touched lips for a half-second. The time I saved her from Needle. The times we hung out. The time we went on a 'date' together. But I also remember the times she yelled at me. The times I felt pain. The times she couldn't understand my feelings. The times we were... Enemies. I guess that's all we were meant to be. I can see a real future with my Icy Cube. I know she can feel it too. Suddenly, I shook myself. So I wouldn't think too much in the middle of chatting with my girlfriend. "So, you love me, right?" She asked. I face palmed. "Of course I do. Why would you think I don't?!" I teasingly yelled at her. "And you haven't gotten any other crushes?" She asked. I shook my head no.

"Do you like parties?"
"Yes."

"Do you like dancing?"
"Yes."

"Do you love me?"
"I said Yes!!"

Icy squealed. "So you know what I've been hinting at??" She smiled like a happy puppy. Uh, what? I winced, and did a nervous grin. "Uh, sorry... But could you just straightforward tell me?" I asked her. She groaned and rolled her eyes. "You haven't heard of the prom that is going on in a few nights?!" She raised an eyebrow, dramatically dropping her jaw. My eyes grew wide. P-prom? "T-there's a prom?! In a few nights?!" I asked. "Yes, dummy. Are you going to take me or what?" She asked, grabbing my hand in a devilish sort of way. "Well, my primp princess, of course! Now that I'm 'well-informed', I will in fact take you!" I smiled. Her disappointment quickly turned to joy. She is so sweet. "I'll in fact see you later, then. I have... Uh.. After school curriculum." She smiled. I went in for a kiss, but she walked away. Huh. Maybe she just isn't in the mood. I respect that... I guess.