Maybe's

(A/N: Who knows where this song is from?! If so, we can be fangirling buddies! :-D )

Pencil's POV:
I sat at the lunch table, all by myself. I wondered where Pen was. Maybe he went out somewhere for lunch. Well, probably. I really wish I had more friends than this. Match had a lot of other friends. Maybe I could introduce myself, an- Oh, wait. Never mind. Now I realize how much I miss Match. Suddenly, I saw her. She came and sat in front of me. "Hey Pencil!" She smiled. Speak of the devil. I frowned and grabbed my lunch to move. Match grabbed my wrist. "Wait!" She exclaimed. "WHAT?!" I shouted. "Please, Pencil, hear me out." She begged. I sighed and sat back down as she let go of my wrist. "When Ice Cube said she was going to post that video-" "ICY was going to post it?!" I shouted. "Oh, uh.." She mumbled. "Uh.. Forget it. Just continue." I coughed. "I said that she shouldn't. She gasped and said that I was betraying them. So I said that they shouldn't be doing this any longer, and they got mad at me and posted a photoshop of me picking my nose." Match explained. She sighed. "Okay." I answered. "So, are we best friends again?" She asked. "No." I answered. "So we're enemies?" She asked. "No." I replied. "Then what are we?" She asked. "Oh, only the BEST FRIENDS FOR LIFE!" I smiled and we hugged. "Pen and I are best friends now. I was dating Blocky! And! Blah Blah Blah!" I filled her in on everything. She smiled. Then she quickly rushed to the bathroom. I still wonder where Pen could be. I looked out the window in the hallway, into the empty school yard.

Pen's POV:
I sat outside in the same place Pencil and I once did that one time. I cried a little. Maybe it was time to give up on Pencil as a girlfriend. She would probably never like me like I did. "Never ever." I told myself. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around. It was Pencil. Sigh. "Pen.. Are you okay? Why are you out here by yourself?" She asked. "M-maybe I wanted to be alone." I faced the other way. "Pen... You can tell me. You know you can tell me anything. We're best friends!" She smiled. I feel like a doofus for ever liking her. "Yeah, best friends." I mumbled. "Pardon?" She asked. "Please leave me alone." I said. "Aw, Pen, why?" She frowned. Suddenly, I had an idea! Maybe what I had to was make her feel like my girlfriend, not like my best friend. "Well, I guess YOU can stay." I smiled at her like she was more than a friend. She smiled back, kind of nervously. "Oh, well, okay." She replied. "Well, I've always kind of wondered what it'd be like to have a girlfriend." I started, looking into her eyes. She sat down beside me, smiling. "Hee hee! I always had wondered what it was like to have boyfriend too. You know, before I dated Blocky." She laughed. I grabbed her hand. "Well, that makes me feel like you really understand me and fit my personality." I said sincerely. She blushed a little. Yes, I think it's working. "That's nice of you to say, Pen." She blushed. "Yeah, but not as nice as you are," I replied. "Thanks bestie!" It was working! At least MAYBE that little flirting session we had there would point her in the right direction. I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. I should pr-Briiiiiiinnnngggg! The bell rang and we had to get back to class.

Pencil's POV:
Well, woe is me. I feel weird around a guy that just half an hour ago I would call my best friend. I forgave my best friend out of loneliness, and I somehow have half the school convinced that I'm a player. Plus, my ex lied to me, which isn't too surprising, but still. In the middle of it all...Maybe....Could it be .. Pen??