The Battle

"Lay, I'm going to get you!" Luhan hollered at the boy that was bent over laughing after hitting Luhan in the face with a snowball. "Sehun, hurry up!"

"I would have been done if you weren't fidgeting! Now stay still," Sehun ordered as he continued tying his scarf around Luhan's neck.

He was about to place earmuffs over his boyfriend's ears when the boy pushed it away, protesting. "I don't need earmuffs!"

"Whatever. Your ears are going to get cold and ridiculously red."

"I have a hat," Luhan hissed. Sehun glared at him. "Fine!"

Satisfied with getting Luhan to dress warmer for the weather, Sehun reminded Luhan to be careful. The older boy groaned, eyes glued on the other boys playing in the backyard, specifically Lay (who was making snowballs with Suho). "Sehun-ahhhh."

"Alright let's go." Sehun walked out the door, while Luhan bolted, chasing after Lay in the knee-deep snow, warning him about his impending doom. Lay, upon seeing Luhan with fluffy white earmuffs on, merely laughed harder.

"Hahaha! Ohhh hyung, you look really intimidating." Lay stuck out his tongue.

SMACK.

A snowball hits him in the head.

Luhan cheered while Suho spun around to scold Sehun for hitting his boyfriend. Sehun shrugged. "There are no rules in a snow fight, hyung."

"Oh yeah?" Suho picks up a snowball from the large pile he had accumulated since they got outside. He was about to throw it directly towards Sehun's face when Luhan hurled a fast one at him, causing Suho to fall over.

Sehun laughed while Luhan fist pumped the air – neither of them noticing the two snowballs Lay had in his hands. By the time they did, it was too late. Luhan got his earmuffs knocked off and Sehun's beanie landed in the snow.

"IT'S WAR!"

"HUNHAN VS. SULAY!"

"Since when were we called that?" Suho asked.

"Since forever. Now hand me some snowballs!" Lay shouted.

The two couples started pelting each other with snowballs. Both sides cheering in victory one minute and howling in pain another – signs of an intense snowball fight, at least in their eyes...

From Tao's and Kris's point of view from the kitchen window, it looked more like they were throwing each other snowballs in a pattern – Sehun would hit Lay, which caused Suho to hit Sehun, which caused Luhan to hit Suho, which led to Lay hitting Luhan, thus leading Sehun to pelt him again. And the cycle continued this way for a good 15 minutes.

Having enough of this, Kris and Tao decided to step out and show the two pair a proper snow fight.

"Are you girls ready to get destroyed?" Kris asked, a smug smile on his face and a firm snowball in his gloved hand. Tao stifled a laugh.

The couples turned to face him, all looking irritated at being interrupted.

"Who are you calling girls?" Suho asked, eyes narrowing at the two boys.

"Last I checked, we don't own a makeup bag," Sehun jeered.

"Nor a man purse," Luhan added.

Kris growled. "That's it--"

SMACK. SPLAT. SMACK. SPLAT.

Four snowballs pelt Kris before he could throw the one in his hand. The couples laughed as Kris steadied himself in the snow, recovering from being ambushed. They completely forgot about Tao, who took this opportunity to get back at each of them.