The Mistake

Jinho opened the door to his dark room, and threw himself on the bed. Laying on his back, he placed his arm over his eyes, exhausted from having to hide.

Why am I doing this to myself?

Dinner with Sehun and Luhan was just as bad, if not worse, as having lunch with the two.

Not a single moment went by without them being connected to each other in some way.

Earlier, when they had finished ordering, Luhan would rest his hand on Sehun's arm, causing Sehun to remove his boyfriend's hand and placed it in his own hand, fingers locked as they waited for the food to arrive.

When the food came, Sehun would occasionally switch hands, holding his fork in his left, so that his right hand could be free to assist Luhan, who was sitting to his right. Assisting Luhan included handing him a glass of water, pushing his plate away when he was done, and gently dabbing the corner of his mouth after the older boy had missed a spot. Luhan didn't say anything when Sehun did such things, but the bright smile on his face made it clear that he was thankful.

And the poker face Jinho had on began cracking.

For dessert, Jinho had chocolate raspberry tart, Luhan had crème brûlée and Sehun had Luhan.

Not one for dessert, Sehun had opted to watch his boyfriend happily finish his, oftentimes placing his hand around Luhan's waist. The way Sehun looked at the boy convinced Jinho that Sehun didn't need a cake or custard to consume something sweet – all he needed was to keep his eyes glued on Luhan. Sehun was probably thinking that watching Luhan's face light up whenever he took a bite of his crème brûlée was definitely sweeter than anything that was listed on the dessert menu.

Jinho couldn't argue with that.

Luhan was more than likely sweeter than anything Jinho had ever tasted, but of course no matter how much he really wanted to, he'll never know just how sweet....

Jinho shook his head and turned to sleep on his side. What kind of friend am I?

He closed his eyes and willed himself to sleep.

And he instantly wished he hadn't.

Jinho was standing in his room back at his apartment. The sun was shining and the window was slightly opened, allowing the curtains to flutter as the morning breeze settles in. The whole atmosphere was calming. Serene.

But Jinho knew what was going to happen. He has had this exact dream many times before.

He would turn his attention to the figure on the bed, his heart skipping a beat as his eyes fell upon the person.

It amazed Jinho to no end that no matter how many times he had dreamt about this, the sight of Luhan sleeping in his bed would leave him utterly mesmerized.

Luhan had his hands tucked underneath the pillow with his face turned to the side, allowing Jinho to admire him in such a peaceful state. Luhan was wearing Jinho's favorite pair of pajamas – the cotton ones with the blue and white stripes.

It was picture perfect.

Jinho frowned because this wouldn't last long. He knew that seconds from now, someone would open the door to the bedroom, and make his way to the sleeping boy to wake him from his slumber.

This was one of those times when knowing hurts.

Creak.

The door opened and in walked his best friend.

"Aish. Why are you still asleep?" Sehun asked with nothing but affection in his voice.

Jinho watched as Sehun made his way over to the bed, taking a mere ten steps before he got there. Sehun sat on the bed beside Luhan, and bent down to press his lips against Luhan's.