The Notes

"GUESS WHO'S ENGAGED?!!?" Baekhyun hollered as soon as he got in the house with the others behind him. He ran to the living room where the single boys were watching a horror movie (they refused to watch anything remotely romantic).

"Sehun and Luhan?" Xiumin asked, agitating Baekhyun on purpose.

The blush that bloomed on Luhan's face didn't go unnoticed by Sehun.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "No. Not today," he said before shoving his ring finger in the boys' faces. "IT'S ME."

"And me," Chanyeol added, grabbing his boyfriend by the waist and pulling him away from the others – he had a feeling they didn't like Baekhyun invading their personal space with his finger.

"ISN'T IT AWESOME?!" Baekhyun shouted, to which the other boys answered with careless grunts. Chanyeol moved to place his hand on his boyfriend's back, hoping to comfort him, but Baekhyun shrugged it off. Not one to be ignored, Baekhyun grabbed the remote and turned off the movie.

Ignoring the complaints and curses thrown at him, Baekhyun asked, "Where are the champagne bottles?? Shouldn't we take them out?"

"They're only for special occasions," Kyungsoo replied, trying to snatch back the remote Baekhyun held in his hands.

"THIS IS A SPECIAL OCCASION!" Baekhyun shrieked indignantly, swatting Kyungsoo's hands away.

"But we all saw it coming," Kai said, joining Kyungsoo in his quest to take back the remote.

Baekhyun huffed. "That doesn't make it any less special!"

"Someone please give him what he wants," Kris said, looking like he might have a migraine if any of this continues.

Baekhyun clapped his hands in agreement. "Kris hyung has spoken. Now it's time to congratulate me --"

"And me," Chanyeol added with a grin.

"And party till we pass out," Baekhyun finished, shoving the remote down the back pocket of his skinny jeans – somewhere no one but Chanyeol would be willing to enter.

The other boys frowned. "Guess we have no choice now," Tao said, eyeing Baekhyun's back pocket with a expression that screamed hopelessness.

"Good!" Baekhyun said, pulling all of them up, with the exception of Kris, and pushing them towards the kitchen. "We're all going to toast to my and Chanyeol's engagement, and you're going to be happy for us. And congratulate us with extreme envy."

"Chanyeol, are you sure about this?" Chen asked, looking at the boy with concern in his eyes. "You really want that --" He gestured towards Baekhyun, who was quickly taking out the champagne glasses from the cabinet, his whole body wiggling in excitement. "For the rest of your life?"

Sehun chuckled when Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun, contemplating something. Chanyeol smiled and turned to Chen and said with confidence, "Yeah. I do."

"Awww," Luhan said, giving Chanyeol a pat. Chanyeol's smile grew wider.

When Chanyeol placed his arm over Luhan's shoulders, Sehun decided it was time to intervene. He tossed Chanyeol's arm aside, replacing it with his arm, and shot Chanyeol a look that basically meant Mine.

"CHEERS," the boys chorused upon Baekhyun's instruction.

"Ooohh guys! Thanks!" Baekhyun said, lacing his fingers with Chanyeol's. "We really appreciate all the support. And I just can't believe that this day has come. You all have no idea how I've dreamed of this moment and how...."