The Stress

Baekhyun was in the kitchen looking for shot glasses because his boyfriend had the brilliant idea of playing poker with shots on the line. The idea of playing cards was fun and all, but Baekhyun thought the possibility of getting the others pissed drunk was far more appealing. Maybe he can even convince Luhan to play. Maybe. When Sehun's not looking...

"Where are they?" he muttered while scanning the top cabinet.

"Need help?"

Baekhyun whipped his head around, surprised to find Jinho standing there, eyes on him. The surprise on his face quickly disappeared, and he narrowed his eyes at the other male.

"Considering how this is your first time here, I don't think you'll be much help," he said flatly.

Jinho sighed and walked over. With his arm reaching past Baekhyun's head, he said, "I just thought you may need help getting these down." He took out the shot glasses and handed them to Baekhyun. "Since you're short and all."

Baekhyun scowled. "I'll have you know, I'm average height."

"Right."

"What is it you want to say to me?" Baekhyun asked, ignoring that last sarcastic remark.

Jinho leaned against the adjacent counter and crossed his arms. "I want to call a truce."

Baekhyun raised his eyebrow. He placed the glasses on the counter and also folded his arms across his chest. "A truce?"

"Yes. An agreement to stop fighting, you know, for the sake of peace."

"I know what it means! I'm just surprised you would consider the idea first, you know, since you were the crazy one."

"Were?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at how slow Jinho was. "Yes. Were. I figured you're not all THAT bad if you showed up to the cafe to personally apologize to Luhan hyung." He gave Jinho a quick look over. "And considering how you knew I worked there as well, that must have taken a lot of courage," he added with a smirk.

"Well, I had to do it. I was the one who did wrong."

"Glad you figured that out. Took you a while, but it's better late than never because honestly, no one wants an obsessive psycho for a friend."

Jinho chuckled. "You really do live up to your reputation."

"My reputation?"

"Yeah. The whole school is under the impression that you can destroy people with just your words. No one can win against Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun's eyes lit up. "Really? They're smarter than I thought."

"And you're scarier than you look."

"Thanks."

"Welcome. Now how about that truce?"

Baekhyun fake sighed. "If you keep on insisting, then I guess yeah..."

Jinho smiled and held out his right hand. "Shake on it?"

"Only if you promise not to hurt Sehun and Luhan hyung again."

"I won't. I know where I stand, and it's not in between them."

"What changed your mind?"

"Having my best friend tell me that he rather be hated by me than to have his boyfriend get hurt. That was a much needed wake up call. And also, the thought of not being able to simply hang out with Luhan hyung again. It didn't matter anymore whether or not he'll return my feelings. It's a lost cause really – since the beginning. And I know you probably find it hard to believe, but I actually like the friendship that Luhan hyung and I have. I treasure it a lot because it brings me comfort."