The Missing

Sehun pushed open the bathroom door, threw Jinho's handkerchief in the waste bin, and brought Luhan to the nearest sink. Without saying anything, he placed the plastic bag on the sink, unzipped his backpack and took out a pack of tissues. He wetted the paper and began wiping Luhan's nose, which was slightly bleeding again.

Not knowing what to say, Luhan simply stared at him, taking note of how Sehun's hair was matted to his forehead and how he could see a trickle of sweat along Sehun's neck. Luhan would have asked why he was sweating if it weren't for the awkward silence surrounding them. I can ask him later, thought Luhan as he continued to stare at his boyfriend.

When Sehun doesn't look him in the eye, Luhan hesitantly curled his fingers around Sehun's shirt, and slowly inched forward to get closer to Sehun.

If Sehun noticed Luhan getting closer, he didn't show it. He continued cleaning Luhan's bloody nose, occasionally tilting Luhan's head around – all while averting his eyes from Luhan's gaze.

Unable to take the silence any longer, Luhan whispered, "Sehun-ah?"

Sehun doesn't reply, instead he tilted Luhan's head back. At first, Luhan had no idea why Sehun was doing this, but after realizing that Sehun was actually looking into his nostril, Luhan squeezed his eyes shut and blushed.

It was embarrassing enough having Sehun see him with a bloody nose, now he's just standing here and letting Sehun inspect his nostril, which he assumed wasn't a pretty sight. Fantastic. Just great!

Too busy reprimanding himself for being a clumsy idiot, Luhan doesn't see the small smile on Sehun's face. When Luhan found the courage to look at Sehun again, the younger one quickly schooled his expression – leaving no traces of the adoring smile he had earlier.

With his eyes blinking rapidly, Luhan again asked, "Sehun-ah?"

Again Sehun doesn't say anything, and Luhan began fidgeting – wishing that Sehun would stop examining his nose already.

"It stopped bleeding," Sehun said after stuffing Luhan's nose with clean tissue paper.

Luhan blinked, unsure as to whether or not he actually heard Sehun's voice. "Huh?"

"I said it stopped bleeding," Sehun repeated, gently turning Luhan's head to the side so he could see himself in the mirror.

Luhan frowned because he looked ridiculous with tissues sticking out of his nose. He wasn't going to tell Sehun though.

"Since you bleed easily, you need to be more careful," Sehun said, eyes trained on Luhan, who suddenly felt heat spread across his face due to the fact that Sehun was now paying him some attention.

"I don't think it's broken, but we should go to the doctor's later," Sehun continued. "Just in case."

Luhan nodded. "Th-Thanks," Luhan stammered. He's not really sure why he's feeling so nervous around Sehun. It might be because he doesn't know whether Sehun's still mad at him. And that would mean he doesn't know exactly where they stand, and frankly, he's too scared to find out.

Sehun kept his eyes on Luhan for a few more seconds before he sighed and cupped Luhan's face. "I really can't leave you – even for a second," he said tiredly.

Then don't leave me, thought Luhan as he tightened his grasp on Sehun's shirt.

"I'm sorry for making you worry," Luhan said, voice almost inaudible. His expression similar to that of a child realizing his mistake after being scolded.

Luhan was about to look down when Sehun stopped him, his thumbs lightly brushing against Luhan's cheeks, urging Luhan to look at him.

"I'm not mad at you," Sehun said softly.